• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! Meltdown?! Is my temperature a bit high?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheCalculatorTi

Registered
Hey guys. This is my first water cooling system install. So far so good. No leaks. (knocks on wood) What I'm concerned about is my temperature. which is 45°C. Is this normal for a single loop cooling the GPUs and CPU? If so how can I drop the temperatures?

My tubing goes:

Pump/Reservoir > CPU > Radiator > GPU > GPU > Back to Pump/Reservoir.
@Full Speed.

https://imageshack.com/i/iqMXyBucp

https://imageshack.com/i/p4agZXajj

https://imageshack.com/i/exMq7httj

https://imageshack.com/i/iqWyfGDlj

https://imageshack.com/i/exuQzg17j

I'm from the east coast which is about 75°F. But I have the AC on which is much much cooler than that. What I did notice before, the Titans got super duper hot with the stock coolers. (ACX)

My Specs

Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Enthusiast Full Tower Chassis w/ Custom Bolt-On Window
Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro
Cooling: XSPC Copper Raystorm AX360 Extreme Intel CPU Water Cooling Kit w/ Twin D5
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
CPU: i7-4930K @ 3.40Hz
Memory: Corsairs Dominator 32GB @ 2133 MHz
SSD: Samsung Evo 1TB
HDD: WD 4TB SATA 7200 Black Edition
PSU: EVGA Supernova 1300 G2
GPU: EVGA Titan Blacks Superclocked (SLI)
GPU Water Blocks: Aqua Computer Kryographics Full Coverage Liquid Cooling Block w/ Active XCS Liquid Cooled Backplate, Nickel / Clear Acrylic Version
Sound Card: Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium HD
Mixer: Behringer Xenyx 802
Headphones: AKG K712 Pro
Microphone: Rode NT1
Speakers: Logitech Z506
Keyboard: Logitech G510
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013
Mouse Pad: Razer Vespula

PS.

Anyone want to help me overclock this baby? :D

Last edited:
Those temps aren't bad considering there's two GPU's and a CPU on a single triple radiator. You've taken an excellent CPU only setup and added two more heat loads to it (the GPU's).
Is there room in the system to add another triple, or even a quad radiator? You'll probably need to if you're planning on over-clocking, as the heat load is only going to get higher.
Water cooling is fantastic, but it's not magic...however I don't see an impending meltdown.

Hella nice setup, BTW.

And :welcome: to the forums!

Last edited:
45c. Is that full load? Idle? Did I miss that? Incredibly important to know so we can say if it's ok or not....

unless you are willing to bolt a handful of Delta fans in push/pull to that 360, you are gonna need a 2nd 360 into that loop. You might be able to get away with a 240 push/pull... after all it are Titans, not R9s :)

Those temps aren't bad considering there's two GPU's and a CPU on a single triple radiator. You've taken an excellent CPU only setup and added two more heat loads to it (the GPU's).
Is there room in the system to add another triple, or even a quad radiator? You'll probably need to if you're planning on over-clocking, as the heat load is only going to get higher.
Water cooling is fantastic, but it's not magic...however I don't see an impending meltdown.

Hella nice setup, BTW.

And :welcome: to the forums!

Thanks Diggrr for the reply and welcoming. I honestly had no idea that system was a cpu only cooling system. I even talked to the guy at frozencpu about the system, and he said it was fine *shrugs*. The tubing that came with the system was like 10 feet. Heh.
I really doubt i have room for a triple or quad radiator. Maybe a double at the bottom, if i remove the expansion bay. And even then how do i setup the fans? I mean should i have the fans pushing or pulling? Because at the top of the case which is located with the triple radiator, i have them (3 fans) pulling. And in front of the case, i have one pushing in. Should i have the heat travel thru the case and exit out the top? Will take more pictues when i get home today.

Water cooling is fantastic, i thought it was going to be magic!
At what temperatures should i start to worry? Because last night when i was gaming, i saw temperatures reach 55C. Yikes.

55c... Yikes? That temp is more than fine considering your setup.

Again, please define where you saw 45c...I'm guessing now on idle?

Thanks Diggrr for the reply and welcoming. I honestly had no idea that system was a cpu only cooling system. I even talked to the guy at frozencpu about the system, and he said it was fine *shrugs*. The tubing that came with the system was like 10 feet. Heh.
I really doubt i have room for a triple or quad radiator. Maybe a double at the bottom, if i remove the expansion bay. And even then how do i setup the fans? I mean should i have the fans pushing or pulling? Because at the top of the case which is located with the triple radiator, i have them (3 fans) pulling. And in front of the case, i have one pushing in. Should i have the heat travel thru the case and exit out the top? Will take more pictues when i get home today.

Water cooling is fantastic, i thought it was going to be magic!
At what temperatures should i start to worry? Because last night when i was gaming, i saw temperatures reach 55C. Yikes.

Without jumping too far ahead, you'll get better temps if you set the fans on the rad to intake and then set the rear exhaust to run faster. (and move the rear farther away from the wall)

A 2nd 240 in the front or floor with intake fans will help.
Don't worry about "heat through the case", it really isn't that bad as it sounds :)

45°C or 55°C is nothing special, but a bit meaningless without context. So, install HWMonitor & Prime (for load) then post screenshots with HWMonitor open.

If 45°C is idle..then.. a what speedsetting are the two D5's set? Setting 2 should be more as enough with this setup.

Without jumping too far ahead, you'll get better temps if you set the fans on the rad to intake and then set the rear exhaust to run faster. (and move the rear farther away from the wall)

A 2nd 240 in the front or floor with intake fans will help.
Don't worry about "heat through the case", it really isn't that bad as it sounds :)

45°C or 55°C is nothing special, but a bit meaningless without context. So, install HWMonitor & Prime (for load) then post screenshots with HWMonitor open.

If 45°C is idle..then.. a what speedsetting are the two D5's set? Setting 2 should be more as enough with this setup.

Thanks RnRollie for the advice. I will install those programs and post screenshots today when i get home. i believe the D5s are at 5. Will it make a difference between 2 and 5? I know on the manual it says 2 is for a quiet setup and 5 for maximum performance.

If you're idling at 45°C you need more radiator (as your pumps are set plenty high).
I would get another 120.2 at a minimum, and would recommend a second 120.3.

If you're idling at 45°C you need more radiator (as your pumps are set plenty high).
I would get another 120.2 at a minimum, and would recommend a second 120.3.

Hey Atminside, thanks for the reply. But whats 120.2 and 120.3? Lol. Sorry.

Dang. That means i have to bleed the system.. dont know where to start.. sighz. I was thinking a godzilla size syringe going back and forth on the reservoir?

Dang. That means i have to bleed the system.. dont know where to start.. sighz. I was thinking a godzilla size syringe going back and forth on the reservoir?

Check out the stickies in the water cooling section, they'll help you a ton :thup:

Any lower temp, you will need more than 360mm. If you got more space, maybe you should add a 240mm.

here a screen shot of mine idle temp 3930K and 4930K. But I have a massive amount of radiators 120x10 with high speed fans.

idle 4.5ghz.jpg

5.0Ghz idle 2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks RnRollie for the advice. I will install those programs and post screenshots today when i get home. i believe the D5s are at 5. Will it make a difference between 2 and 5? I know on the manual it says 2 is for a quiet setup and 5 for maximum performance.

At setting 5, each of them is dumping +/- 18 Watts into the water
Setting them to 2 (or 3) will reduce that dump

FYI it is very rare that a D5 needs to be set to 5, only in very big, complex loops... and yours isn't :)

Anyways, we'll see what the temps are before/after.
I'm pretty sure you'll have to find space for another 240mm rad

or... you could go external with a MO-RA3 :D

PS @BruceUSA .. consider updating your sig... never heard of a EVA supernova :)

Back