• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu fan cable hub

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If that's the gamer board we were talking about a few days ago it has 5 fan ports. 1x cpu 4 pin + 2 more 4 pin + 2 , 3 pin. A three pin will work on a 4 pin connector.

Yes. How that normally works is you have one line to your mobo and the other lines come off the fan header. All fans will run at the same PWM signal. At some point (not sure the watts) the header will need additional power though.

EDIT: all fans and header must be PWM capable for this of course.

Connect a single fan to the CPU header, after that you can daisy chain if you want to the other headers.

cool so no negative impact in a way , I can daisy chain few .

It won't overheat the cable etc by pulling to much for what the cable can do, can it ?

sort of the first cable will be feeding 5 and 2nd 4 and 3rd 3 ....

That would depend on the header. Like I mentioned some will need an additional molex connector to provide the the additional power needs. It's all based on the wattage draw from the fans.

Don't quote me because I haven't used them, but I belive you can have 3 fans chained together per M/B fan port before they draw to much. I'm definately no expert on this subject though.

key word is "splitter" not "hub". With a splitter you can attach more than one fan to each motherboard header. Just be careful that you don't overload any one header. They're generally rated for about 1 amp each but you probably would want to stay well under that.

Also , I have two 80mm fan pushing air in from front

1 120mm sucking air our

1 80mm pushing air in directly on top of cpu on the case door

1 80mm sucking air out on teh top

overall this should create positive pressure, right ?

Add up your CFM in and CFM out. If the "in" is higher then yes. Not all fans are equal and you can't just base it on size. (e.g. my 120mm high speed Yate Loon's will push more air than my 140mm Cooler master case fans.)

And CFM ratings are often exaggerated by manufacturers and noise levels are under reported by them. Not sure what the problem is there but I suppose they use different testing methods or something. I wish it were as simple as just adding the numbers up as Blaylock said but that really only holds true if all the fans employed are the same or at least made by the same company.

Back