• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dropped HP ML350 Sever

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lames

Registered
Wasn't sure where to put this and figured I would share my story lol.

Well today at work we got a sever in for me to build. The box didn't look damaged or anything so I figure, hey just another sever build np. Well me and my boss(which is also my uncle) unbox it and take off the plastic it comes in. Didn't notice a thing..

Boss goes back to his office and I start unboxing the parts for the sever. Well I have to put in the 2nd power supply and I go to take out the cheapo guard thing for it and it's a little snug more then usual. And so I do a double take on it and I'm just like 'Holy shi...". So I go get my boss and told him to look at it. So I took some pictures of it with my phone so the quality isn't that good.

dropped2by3.jpg

droppedid2.jpg

Sad thing about it is...FedEx didn't do it this time. How could I tell? Well while looking at the box (they all look beat up to an extent but didn't really notice), I saw the company's tape on the box. Like they retapped the box but the HP tape was still decently sealed besides on the ends. But then I look to the side of the box on the corner and see a few pieces of tape on it and then I get to looking and ya...completely messed up.

So it's one thing if FedEx did it, but come on, the own company that we got it from just patched it up and shipped it anyways? Talk about crap.

So a $1300 barebone part is totally screwed. I haven't opened the side panel yet but we think the motherboard is possibly cracked.

Wasn't sure where to put this and figured I would share my story lol.

Well today at work we got a sever in for me to build. The box didn't look damaged or anything so I figure, hey just another sever build np. Well me and my boss(which is also my uncle) unbox it and take off the plastic it comes in. Didn't notice a thing..

Boss goes back to his office and I start unboxing the parts for the sever. Well I have to put in the 2nd power supply and I go to take out the cheapo guard thing for it and it's a little snug more then usual. And so I do a double take on it and I'm just like 'Holy shi...". So I go get my boss and told him to look at it. So I took some pictures of it with my phone so the quality isn't that good.

dropped2by3.jpg

droppedid2.jpg

Sad thing about it is...FedEx didn't do it this time. How could I tell? Well while looking at the box (they all look beat up to an extent but didn't really notice), I saw the company's tape on the box. Like they retapped the box but the HP tape was still decently sealed besides on the ends. But then I look to the side of the box on the corner and see a few pieces of tape on it and then I get to looking and ya...completely messed up.

So it's one thing if FedEx did it, but come on, the own company that we got it from just patched it up and shipped it anyways? Talk about crap.

So a $1300 barebone part is totally screwed. I haven't opened the side panel yet but we think the motherboard is possibly cracked.

What's a "sever?"

What's a "sever?"
I think he's referring to hardware.

So what did you learn today?
Don't trust pre-assembled computers.

I bet the thing still works... if the mainboard is not totaled, a well-engineered case usually has a mainboard tray that can absorb the impact and not deform...

bahh, who am I kidding, that thing got it hard.

What's a "sever?"

One reason why I don't post to often here. Stupid sarcastic posts, even from a Senior Member.

Was referring to a SERVER. You do know what that is right?

I think he's referring to hardware.

So what did you learn today?
Don't trust pre-assembled computers.

I bet the thing still works... if the mainboard is not totaled, a well-engineered case usually has a mainboard tray that can absorb the impact and not deform...

bahh, who am I kidding, that thing got it hard.

Reason why I'm messing with a pre-assembled computer is because where I work, we are a HP and Lenevo/IBM reseller.

But ya, this is the worst one I've seen yet.

One reason why I don't post to often here. Stupid sarcastic posts, even from a Senior Member.

Was referring to a SERVER. You do know what that is right?

Lames,

I asked you a valid question, perhaps it's a brand name I had not heard about. It was not meant as sarcasm.

We buy HP assembled machines all the time and never have a problem. Did you purchase it directly from HP or a reseller?

We buy HP assembled machines all the time and never have a problem. Did you purchase it directly from HP or a reseller?

We sometimes get it straight from HP if we do a special order but we go through Synnex for most of our HP stuff.

We usually have a problem with UPS/FedEx messing stuff up, not the people we buy from.

how about a pic of the inside? pleeeeeeeease?

I will try and see if I can open it tomorrow. I'm afraid it might not close because there is a slight bulge on the rail the panel sits on.

Back