• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Taming the Hot running i7 4770K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That was the only bench I could run at that speed everything else was 5.8 to 5.9 range.

It's hard to find chips that can make 5.7GHz+ on LN2. Most for some reason have wall at 5.5-5.7GHz or are not scalling above 1.75V at all. It was mainly ES issue that chips were dying above 1.75V but retails are sometimes not scalling with higher voltage ( still better than have dead CPU ;) ).
I'm generally disappointed of all my haswells ( count maybe 15 tested on ss or dice ).

Next Sub-Zero run, one more will be added :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

Attachments

• EK Water Blocks R9 280X CrossFire.jpg
    EK Water Blocks R9 280X CrossFire.jpg
    651.1 KB · Views: 46
Man, you have such a nice build, it has to be a ton of work tearing down and putting back together.

3x benching will be a lot of fun, may need a second power supply if you really push the volts

Yes, It is a lot of work but the results makes it worth it :D
PSU's, LOL I have a EVGA 1300 and an Antec 1200 HCP with this :D I'm ready LOL
Just waiting for moar parts :thup:

Attachments

• EK FC Bridge Triple Serial.jpg
    EK FC Bridge Triple Serial.jpg
    691.3 KB · Views: 43
I always found it astonishing how much power these things eat when really pushing the volts to it. You should see the power draw when 3D benching my Fx 8350 and 580 Lightning. During 3D Vantage with the cpu over 5.3 and the 580 as far as I could push it on ambient cooling, I saw almost 900w draw from the wall. :shock: Imagine if I put them on the cold?!?!

I hear that, anything more than the CPU 1 and I card use a second unit on a dedicated circuit :)

I've shut down a 1000watt PSU benching a 3930K running MSI GTX 580 Lightnings SLI using a WC mod and this is their power draw LOL :D

Attachments

• With this mod.jpg
    With this mod.jpg
    725.9 KB · Views: 142
  • GTX 280's Power Draw.jpg
    GTX 280's Power Draw.jpg
    439.7 KB · Views: 39
Here's my old HAF setup with those MSI GTX 580's :D Real Water Cooling Rocks and it's been a long time coming :clap: :clap: :clap:

Attachments

• Old HAF WC 280's.jpg
    Old HAF WC 280's.jpg
    787.9 KB · Views: 130
I finally got around to uploading a short vid, here ya go :D

Last edited:
Running AIO's on the i7 4770K :D My Mod LOL

Attachments

• WC Lightning.jpg
    WC Lightning.jpg
    901.1 KB · Views: 31
Back