• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new Benchmarking type toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doc that board should not be cold bugged, it's the processors. Remember that Paris core?

Yep, that's 3200mhz and an LN2 pot ;) So test your processors with chilling brother :thup:

Attachments

• image_id_876046.jpeg
    image_id_876046.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 207
Got a new card today.

IMG_3188.jpg

Thanks guy's. Hopefully its a good clocker.:D

That GTX 480 runs hot and pulls a lot of power from the PCI-e slot, I've seen the 24 pin on motherboard fried. I'd make sure to plug in the auxiliary plug to the PCI-e x 16 slots :D You may already know this MetalRacer just a heads up :D

Bought this one back in June:

LGA1156 Core i5 650 Clarkdale

Seller claimed it was dead, so I got it really cheap. Seems to be working just fine for me though, so not sure why previous owner had problems with it.

DSCN3282.JPG

Then this came in today:

Biostar TPower i55 P55 chipset motherboard

DSCN3277.JPG

Backside was covered in some sort of latex rubber at some point, for a conformal coating/moisture barrier. So, this thing's seen sub-zero temps before.

DSCN3278.JPG

Diggin the T-Power action ...... :thup:

USPS just dropped this off, first one on the list . :)

Attachments

• 580 Lightning.JPG
    580 Lightning.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 140
Man...some nice gets here lately. Woohoo!!! GET TO BEATIN'!!! hehehe

SS was waiting for me when I got home today! Funny...it seemed so much bigger before...

Erasering the mve and setting up to take a (hopefully pretty decent) 2500k for a ride tomorrow.

Update: Adding a small, frosty pic

Attachments

• ss-cascade.jpg
    ss-cascade.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 105
  • ss-test.jpg
    ss-test.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
:rofl:

it does look small next to the CC

Should be just what the doctor ordered for teh 2500K ....... :thup:

get my PM on the 7th ?

Ran into a massive setback with the Biostar TPower i55 P55 chipset motherboard.

The rear ports (USB and PS/2 (mini-din)) won't stop shorting out. If I plug in a PS/2 cable everything shorts out immediately. If I have a USB cable plugged in (no matter what it is (mouse, keyboard, USB thumb drive, etc) all ports will short out within a few minutes of booting up.

Haven't yet come to a fix for the problem. I'm assuming there is some corrosion somewhere on or in the USB ports, since this was on LN2/DICE at one point consistently, and I already discovered some corrosion on some capacitors (really tiny surface-mounted ones).

I finally got around to testing some recent aquisitions. Yes that's a V-8 it's theonly cooler I had that I could find the right brackets for.

First up is a Gigabyte GA-EP45 UD3R from Ebay

p45 ud3r.JPG

Then the D521 I got from Thiddy, didn't realize it till I got the thing loaded with windows that it's running at 266 instead of 200, thought that CPU speed looked kind of fast. I really have to get up on this Intel stuff.

Thideras 521 @ 3723.JPG

Last but not least is the Q6660 from F_S, this time it was on purpose, just ran it up till memory was up to speed and waited to see if it booted with auto volts etc. You'll have heat incoming Funsoul. In case you can't see it it's 3200 with a 355 FSB.
Not sure what to do with the new format and pics?

Funsoul q6 3200.JPG

Nice board. One of the best for 775. That 266 FSB booting can be caused of new microcode. These boards run with Pentiums but are not optimized for older CPUs. Still it doesn't really matter as Pentiums have already high ratios so you don't need 600+ FSB.

Thanks Woomack, I had a bit of help from EarthDog. Well a lot of help ! I didn't have a clue what was what with the 775 stuff so I just asked. Saved myself a lot of research time. E_D suggested this one, checked the bot and found one on Ebay the same day. Came in just under $100 CDN with shipping and duties. I still have an E8400 and D930 to check out and a bunch (7) coming from sno

It's definately not a powerhouse. What are your plans for this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back