• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Even more impressive is the fact that the Celeron 3xx line is able to keep pace with AMD's 2600+ and under Athlon XP line.
- says Derek Wilson in his Anandtech article.

Looks like the Celeron is going somewhere, but I'll assume that they will run warmer like their Prescott siblings.

IMHO, I find that the "D" makes the new processors sounds pretty weak. The current offerings for example; Duron 1.6 edging out a 2.6 Celeron :D

The Celeron D is less crippled then the Celeron A, because they have 256 cache instead of 1024, and not 128 / 512. That makes them a good deal faster then 'normal' cellies. (the 1024 is overkill, the extra 128 a blessing)

I would really like to see how these overclock...

It would be nice to know how it performs with a super high FSB... take the 2.4 Celeron D and see if it's possible to crank it up to a 4x200 MHz FSB or higher!.

didn't know this thread was out already, - it sounds like these chips may be able to outperform the older p4a northwoods and maybe even some of the middle ones ?

They fare excellent vs. the AXP as well....especially when overclocked.

With the Celeron-D, intel significantly raised the bar on 'bargain-CPU's', which is also why sempr0n is going to be in trouble. All intel will have to do to make those obsolete is to take a laser and enable the X86-64 bridges on their celly's.

Looking at the X-bit test posted above, the Celeron-D performs as good as a P4 / prescott about 500Mhz slower. Not bad for a bargain :D

the celerons are still more expensive then the XPs...a 2600+ goes for $85 on newegg...newegg doesnt have the D's but anandtech says the 2.8D is going to be about $117 and the 2.66D $89.

hi,
i find this page funny. :D :clap:
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/celeron-d_11.html

It would be nice to know how it performs with a super high FSB... take the 2.4 Celeron D and see if it's possible to crank it up to a 4x200 MHz FSB or higher!.

i have here an cely-d 2.8 ES and benched oc.com's seti bench. :burn:

it need 1.765 h with 3750 mhz, multi 15, 1:1, ddr500, 4x256mb 2-2-2-5 pat=off, ic7-modded, water, vdimm 3,32v, vcore 1.50v

1.877 h with 3771 mhz, default multi 21, 1:1, ddr359, 4x256mb 2-2-2-5 pat=0n, ic7.modded, water, vdimm 3,32v, vcore 1.50v

... but i have currently no fast vga here for further benches. :-/

Drec said:
the celerons are still more expensive then the XPs...a 2600+ goes for $85 on newegg...newegg doesnt have the D's but anandtech says the 2.8D is going to be about $117 and the 2.66D $89.

yes but the gap is closing. When the celerons get X86-64 as well i an a few months, they will become even more competitive

WoW celerons that will be competitive again. Heh I can't wait for the mobile version with 512KB of caches and to overclock that :).

Speaking of L2, the Celeon D has received an increase from 128kb in the current Celeron to 256kb. Even though this is still a quarter of the (still insufficient) 1MB cache the Pentium 4 E has, we aren't going to see the same type of performance drop we saw when moving from the Northwood Pentium 4 to Celeron (which also had a quarter of its big brother's cache).

Now thats a funny quote. 1MB of L2 isn't enough for the P4-E????

What voltages do they run at?? thought I saw hem at 1.35v or somewhere around there. What if your mobo doesn't go down to 1.35????

chaos said:
What voltages do they run at?? thought I saw hem at 1.35v or somewhere around there. What if your mobo doesn't go down to 1.35????

It has to be able to feed that vcore (just like it is both NW (1.525) and prescot (1.325) compatible) Else, it wouldnt pass the 'intel compatible' test

Looks like my P4P800 might get to have a little bit of fun after all... :D

(look at my sig)

Back