• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming Build QC please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I believe you can pre-order the CPU already. (Newegg) Great choice on waiting btw and really nice parts list. Can't wait till it all comes together. Are you doing anything with the cables of the PSU? (Blue/Red?)

I picked up the corsair sleeved cable set for my psu, in red. I wont have anything blue after the ram swap. I went ahead and ordered the 2133 ram. I haven't even printed the label for the blue stuff. ;)

Microcenter has them for pre-order for $280. Newegg has them for $330.

I went ahead and submitted it.

ORDER SUMMARY »
ITEM QTY TOTAL
Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz LGA 1150 Boxed Processo 1 $279.99
SKU: 302521
Subtotal $279.99
In-store Pickup $0.00
Tax $16.80
Grand Total $296.79

I also want to pain my Noctua fans on my nhd14.

"Can I paint my Noctua fan in order to change its color?
Since even small variations in the layer of paint can lead to an imbalance of the impeller, resulting in vibrations, higher noise levels, increased stress on the bearing and thus reduced lifespan, we do not recommend painting the fan. Please note that for the reasons stated above, painting the fan will void your warranty."

:sly:

People forget the total cost when buying at a retailer. I know where I am from our sales tax kicks in heavy. Make sure you calculate the total cost of everything, hell even add gas to it and w/e smokes/soda you end up buying on the way to microcenter. :p

I also want to pain my Noctua fans on my nhd14.

"Can I paint my Noctua fan in order to change its color?
Since even small variations in the layer of paint can lead to an imbalance of the impeller, resulting in vibrations, higher noise levels, increased stress on the bearing and thus reduced lifespan, we do not recommend painting the fan. Please note that for the reasons stated above, painting the fan will void your warranty."

My thoughts exactly.

Last edited:
Just have it darker internally while having the red pop out. Should be good. Hell, grab some LED strips. :p Maybe red? Not sure if it will be too much. You should grab a RBG LED kit so you can change it anyway you'd like.

Last edited:
20140616_1120081.jpg

This shipped awfully fast. Just ordered it on Friday.

I lowered the pic quality to make sure they fit. I think I went a little too low ;)

Attachments

• 20140617_114159[1].jpg
    20140617_114159[1].jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 20140617_114215[1].jpg
    20140617_114215[1].jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 20140617_114328[1].jpg
    20140617_114328[1].jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 110
Noctua now makes a "Redux" line of fans that are identical to the fans on the NHD14 and are affordable. Still great quality Noctua construction, dark grey color.

Once you get used to the tan/brown color of Noctua fans, you will come to see them as a sign of quality, not as an eyesore.

Noctua now makes a "Redux" line of fans that are identical to the fans on the NHD14 and are affordable. Still great quality Noctua construction, dark grey color.

Once you get used to the tan/brown color of Noctua fans, you will come to see them as a sign of quality, not as an eyesore.

Those are more a case fan than a heatsink/radiator fan like their other fans are.

I only learned about the redux fans after I had ordered the others. I still need another noctua for the front panel. (Need 3, have 2).

Im still debating on what to do with the case. Im beyond my return to Amazon. Ive thought about calling and seeing if they would make an exception. Its brand new in the box. Now that everything is red and black, I want the red and black case. And a RWBY Ruby figure for on top of it. :)sn:)

But, Im pretty anxious. My corsair cables (red) should be coming tomorrow, and Ill at least be able to put the PSU and HDD's in, if i end up keeping the white and black case.

If you don't want to go through the trouble it still can work but than again its all up to you. I'd try looking at other builds via google to see different themed builds with red wiring etc.

Amazon let me return the white and black case beyond the return period. And they immediately offered the balance onto my Amazon account. So, I already ordered the matte black/red case. It's arrival time is next week.

So, Picked this up tonight before work. Now, I have to wait until morning, and my Red and Black replacement case should be here in the morning.

My next question, is how do I install Windows via USB? I have my Windows 8.1 VL DVD. Or, I can re-download it as an .iso.

Which do I need to put on the USB? or is there some sort of converter software I need to use?

Attachments

• rsz_20140626_222000_1[1].jpg
    rsz_20140626_222000_1[1].jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 80
Back