• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about small fft vs large in prime95

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steven-1979

If I have a setting that can run small fft without errors for hours (I got up to 5 hours before turning it off) but it gets an error in about 30 minutes of large fft ... is this an indication that the problem is more likely something with the MCH settings? Or could it be the extra heat large fft is causing? I'm not sure how the tests differ, but from what I understand, large fft stresses fsb more in quads? The setting is 510 x 7.

As I understand it and I may be wrong. You may be looking at ram and or NB needing some more tweaking. Blend will test more ram and NB stability than small ftt. Not knowing your current settings I don't want to give advice on what changes to make.

I never use large ftt not sure of what value it has, try using blend if that fails run memtest if memtest passes than you most likely just need to boost your nb voltage.

as far as I know, large ffts are too big for the cache so they get sent to the ram, this could mean your NB/Ram needs some more love and work lol

Small fft=CPU
Large fft=RAM
Blend= Ram and/or Northbridge.
try loosining your timing and see if that helps, also you should increase your ram voltage.

If blend fails increase your northbridge voltage, also make sure you actively cool and upgrade your northbridge heatsink.

Good info ... I've been using a 2x memory multiplier with a 400 latch ... the memory is at 1020 though. Thats less than what it's rated at (1066). Should I still increase it's volts? Everything with it is manually set to manufacturer specs:

2.1v
5-5-5-15

Is there a way to monitor NB temps?

Back