• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does the xbox 360 upconvert to high def?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

puremanb

I bought a 42in 1080p lcd tv yesterday and a 1080p up converting DvD player. When I play DvDs in the DvD player set on 1080p mode they don't look nearly as good as when I play them on my Xbox, On my Xbox they look almost like true High def or blue ray movies.

Got my computer hooked to it right now and damn it looks nice. Wii looks nice with component cables xbxo 360 games look great but the DvD player seems to actually make the DvDs look worse.

im pretty sure it only upconverts when plugged in w/ vga... probably hdmi now too

Apparently it does with both VGA and HDMI now, both up to 1080p...but I've read it does a horrible job of it compared to most standalone DVD players that upscale.

Apparently it does with both VGA and HDMI now, both up to 1080p...but I've read it does a horrible job of it compared to most standalone DVD players that upscale.

Actually, I read it does a better job than most standalone players since it has so much more processing power. My roomate had one hooked up to a 1080p LCD and it looked great when upconverting movies.

Back