• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Resolution detection...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cjwinnit

B&
My current setup was two CRTs, one 15" running at 1024x768 and the other a 17" at 1152x864 (until the 15" died earlier this evening). I'm thinking of replacing the 15" with a 1440 x 900 LCD.

The graphics card has a mass of different settings for resolutions for the 17" CRT, from 800 x 600 to 2048 x 1536 (though the screen can't cope with the highest ones). It didn't have 1440 x 900 as an option though, but it does seem to have some widescreen settings (1600 x 900 was an option).

Will this 1440 x 900 appear when (if) the widescreen monitor is plugged in or will I need a driver update? Would be silly to buy a monitor without being able to run it at native res!

Graphics card is an Nvidia FX5200.

Well, I have my 9800gtx+ on a 1440*900 and in nvidia control panel it has a section where it says whether or not I am at native res or whether or not it wants me to set it at native. Those settings should also be available. I have a friend who has tons of settings on his crt screen and most of which aren't even supported. It is probably a screen thing.

Checked nVidia homepage, it's a driver thing. Update sorted it (should've guesse dreally...)

Back