• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[b][/b]Is Price Watch web site for real??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tool Fan

I checked PriceWatch out and can't believe the prices! I am planning on buying all my components online and was just wondering if i can trust this sites information? Do any of you use this and what are you experiences with it?

Also, any comments on Micron Ram ?

Yes to all of then question but I would check the web site 1st to make sure you get a higher rated seller even if it will cost you a few x-tra bucks go here
http://resellerratings.com/ and look up each company 1st then order from the better of the low cost ones

you dont buy the products directly from pricewatch...many sites just advertise their lowest prices there...most of the sites are good...but check out there ratings like PimpDaddy said...

i had a bad experience with Krex Computers so I would suggest against them...but thats just my opinion.

Also, many of the dealers prices are less on Pricewatch than at their Web Site. If you order something based upon the Pricewatch price, make sure you mention Pricewatch in the comments section or on the phone and hold them to it. Pricewatch takes a dim view of bait and switch.

Hoot

Is Price Watch web site for real??

yeah, I have bought several items based on Pricewatch searches (K62 500 CPU, EPoX MVP3G2, PowerColor GeForce 2 MX, 128 MB PC100 CAS2) and it's all for real. Like the other guys said, just make totally sure you're buying from a semi-reputable buyer by checking resellerratings.com. I recommend doing phone orders as well, I dont usually do business with places that say I need to buy online.

SickBoy

what do you guys think about pc133 Ram from Micron? seems cheep enough, is there a better alt??

Yeah they are. I bought my 1.2ghz T-Bird "AXIA" off of pricewatch for $223 USD, MOBO for $132 and HSF for $18.
If you are lokking for GREAT memory, buy direct from www.crucial.com, it does'nt get much better than that. (I know you Mushheads beg to differ but, for bang for the buck, CRUCIAL RULES)
P.S. I would still double check prices w/ ibuyer.net and others. My cable router was cheaper through ibuyer.net.

Forget Pricewatch and go check out www.ocprices.com they have been round for a while and have got a massive list of products to chose from. They are the pricewatch for the overclocking world and as such we should support them. The prices kick *** ;-)

PriceWatch is Bogus. If some 12year old is selling off a chip he stole out of his parents computer, pricewatch list it. The really cheep stuff is used. Be careful.

McPlot (Apr 03, 2001 12:18 p.m.):
PriceWatch is Bogus. If some 12year old is selling off a chip he stole out of his parents computer, pricewatch list it. The really cheep stuff is used. Be careful.
Ahhhh? ordered many a thing from checking the watch and haven't had any big problems. I believe you mean EBAY all the Quotes on pricewatch seem to be bussinesses rather than individuals If you are carefull pricewatch works great

Back