• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yobbzz

Ok first I'll discribe my system.

1100 Tbird @1166 (unlocked)
320 megs of pci 133
Abit kt7 raid
Useing win98se

I'm using a flop38 with arctic silver 2 and have 3 other case fans as well, my teps never go over 42*, (besides before I got my flop38 my teps would sometimes go into the 50s and I never had any problems and that was at 1100). Anyway I have the core [email protected] and I can not get my system satable at any speed over 1166. I was wondering what I\O voltage was and if this could help me get passed this wall, as of now I havn't changed it from defalt because I don't know what it is or what it does. I should allso mention that I have my BIOS set very aggressively, my SiSoft Sandra memory scores are 505/586 could this be the problem.

thax for any help you may have

I/O voltage increases the voltage depending on the motherboard to either both the memory and all pci devices or just the memory.
Raising it might allow you to get a higher fsb.

If you lower your memory timings you might be able to get a higher fsb also.

With regards to your aggressive memory timings, it depends. Are you raising your processor speed through the Front-Side Bus adjustments, or are you changing the clock multiplier? You have a multiplier of 8.5 and a Front-Side Bus of 137 correct? If that is the case, then with the aggressive memory timings in your BIOS, you may need to raise the voltage to your RAM to get your FSB stable at any higher speeds. I'm not sure as to SDRAM as I only have experience with DDR (as regards to how high voltage you can safely go) though I wouldn't think +0.1v or +0.2v would be too bad. You may try going back down to 133fsb and changing your multiplier to 9 or 9.5 for speeds of 1197mhz and 1264mhz respectively. If these are unstable then it will indeed let you know it is the chip and not the memory. If you find that it is stable at a lower FSB and higher multiplier, than it is indeed your RAM holding you back. You'll need to either purchase different RAM or try raising the voltage through it. (Or cool it somehow - perhaps RAM sinks, but those are pretty controversial as to whether or not they work)

Actualy I useing 11x 106 any fsb over 106 and I lock or get errors or BSOD I have even tryed 12x100 and get the same problems.

I just down loaded an update for my bios anyone feel like talking me through the pocedure for updating my bios?

Back