• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8k5a2+ and 2100 B=no upper multipliers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boostn

I just recently upgraded to an XP2100 B core from a XP1700 A core. Now, I was under the impression I would have access to the upper multipliers and none of them work. I Have even tried hard locking it at 13.5x and 14.0x to no avail. Now if I connect the last L3 bridge to unlock the lower multipilers, they all work up to 12.5x. Am I missing something here?

Nope. On my 8K3A+ I had to do the L3 mod to get the lower multis.The default multi on the 2100 b Core is 13. My board doesn't unlock it. it'll unlock the tbred A 1800.

Your board has the KT333 chipset like mine.

Well, what i'm trying to find out is how to use a multi higher than 13x. My ram limits me to about 170 fsb 170x13@2210. Lookin to get a little higher. Gonna be getting new ram in about a week but untill then I was tryin to raise the multi. It isn't the low multis I'm having a prob with. I close the last L3 and all the low multis work fine. Just can't run anything other than 13x on the high. Even hard coding has no effect.

http://www.ocinside.de/html/workshop/socketa/tbred_painting.html

Higher multiplies on 8K5A2+

If you have allready done the chip mod ,ie blown the the 2nd L3 bridge, just go into the bios and change the multiplier setting to auto, up the Vcore to 1,75 Volts, save changes and reboot. The bios should reconise the chip as XP 2200 and automatically set the multiplier to 14.

Back