• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

paypal n ebay?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

super2007

Well i had my 8800 gts 320mb on sale on ebay..bid sold for 115 + 5 shipping

well bid was on and no payment until the last day for the payment.

9/5/ was won
today he payed via payal..but in paypal it says Pending Balance of $115

"Make sure to ship the item right away, so you'll have access to the funds sooner. We'll release the hold in 21 days unless you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction subject to the hold. We may release the hold earlier if either of the following occurs:"

and the buyers address in the shipping label is

Wellington Bautista ACS 10027
8260 NW 14th St.
Doral FL

under email that i recieved from paypal his address is

8260 NW 14th St.
Calle Restauracion No 168
Doral, United States

and none of them show up in any direction websites..not in google maps..etc.

So is this fake? does he want me to ship the item and not get send cuz the address is fake? am i just gana lose my card + not get paid? i am just lost..anyone wana help please?

Best thing to do is call pay pal and let them know your concerns and if a dispute claim is possible at this time...

That hold doesnt sound right at all...

I do know Paypal holds money over a certain amount for up to 21 days to "protect the buyer".....This applies to users with less than 100 transactions on ebay.

I do know Paypal holds money over a certain amount for up to 21 days to "protect the buyer".....This applies to users with less than 100 transactions on ebay.

Interesting...never had them do that...but I have only sold a few things...one over 200.00...think I have a total of 10 or so trasnsactions...

so wait its ok for them to do that? what should i do? ship the item?

Only ship the item to the confirmed PayPal address and no where else..

I have a feeling that this is going to this address:

1st Choice Freight Systems Inc
8260 NW 14th St
Miami, FL 33126-1502
(305) 593-5354

So it would be leaving the country and you would be SOL

i sent him a message here is what he wrote

"Hi, send to Wellington Bautista ACS 10027
8260 NW 14th St. Doral FL 33126, there I have a company who send me to me, thanks for ask"

a company that forwards him? wtf something is wrong

i sent him a message here is what he wrote

"Hi, send to Wellington Bautista ACS 10027
8260 NW 14th St. Doral FL 33126, there I have a company who send me to me, thanks for ask"

a company that forwards him? wtf something is wrong

Its the company I listed above.. Its a freight forwarder, you ship to them, they send to whichever country he resides.
Unless the freight companies address is confirmed on his account I would walk away. Atleast if the shipping address is confirmed you are covered by PP seller protection policy.

Do not send the item unless he paid with local funds or the credit card he used through Paypal is US backed. Paypal verifies very few places outside the US. It should tell you the status of your seller protection under the transaction details. Ive been dealing with Paypal and ebay for about 8 years and have seen too many scams.

I'd say to stay away from any addresses in Doral FL...those tend to be freight-forwarding addresses. What usually happens (based on friends from another seller's forum who have dealt with this) is that the buyer will then chargeback on the basis that the address shipped to was not the confirmed address. The real confirmed address is in some format that will not parse with USPS, ergo the chargeback goes through.

Don't ship that! It's clearly a scam! Any time anyone say ship right away, that an instant red flag!

Edit - Until the funds are cleared, you legally are not paid and under no legal obligation to provide any goods or services.

ya guys i went ahead and did a refund, and cancel the deal..called paypal as well

its over

thx for helping guys..

Back