• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Recommended Cases of OCF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No some cases have 15mm a nd others have 20mm fan spacing(between fan mounting holes)

Roger! If the reviews or the manufacturer website lists that info I'll be sure to put it in. FTR My reasoning for listing 240 instead of 2x120 is to verify rad mount hole spacing.

I know theres several data sheets out there on the forums for several cases, i found one for fractal design somewhere but i cant find it now...

This is a great start Blaylock, thanks for putting the thread together! Hopefully it won't make it disappear when I stick it. :p

Nice work so far, but I see something that needs changing.
NZXT Phantom 530 radiator Top-240/280/360mm or 400mm
You can physically fit these in there, but you will not be able to fit the fans below the radiator because of clearance issues with the motherboard. You will have to install the fans in pull under the top plastic shroud. Speaking from experience here;)

You have the new egg links, but cna you throw general price tags next to these?

Edit: here ya go ->

760t $179.99

Fractal Design Arc XL $129.99

NZXT Phantom 530 $119.99

Obsidian 450D $119.99

Corsair Graphite Series 230T $69.99

ENERMAX iVektor $74.99

GIGABYTE Luxo M30 $49.99

BitFenix Phenom $79.99

Cooler Master Elite 130 $49.99

EVGA Hadron Hydro $169.99

EVGA Hadron Air Mini-ITX $159.99

SILVERSTONE Black HTPC case $74.99

Prices change to often unfortunately. That's what the newegg link is for. Though in truth the pcpartpicker.com lists the lowest prices for multiple sellers.

Prices change to often unfortunately. That's what the newegg link is for. Though in truth the pcpartpicker.com lists the lowest prices for multiple sellers.

Yes they do, but ball park figures do not. A 170$ case isn't going to magically be 40$ or vice versa.

Yes they do, but ball park figures do not. A 170$ case isn't going to magically be 40$ or vice versa.

MSRPs change on products, I would advise against listing the prices manually for that reason.

Great thread Blaylock, I can't believe I just noticed this.

MSRPs change on products, I would advise against listing the prices manually for that reason.

How about price brackets then. "$" "$$" "$$$". Things may go on sale, but msrp on a product isn't going to vacillate THAT much where a 200$ case is suddenly 75$... would be nice to have a simple visual indication for budget concerns. Not everyone is looking to spend a ton of money on a case.

To be honest I think anyone looking into purchasing one of these cases will be clicking on the review link to read if it fits their needs. They will most likely read reviews from multiple cases in the same catagory (i.e. Full Tower) and based on what fits their needs and "wants" most will begin to price shop. Not to mention mose shoppers will already have a price range in mind and will likely run from the $500 cases once they stop drooling. Most of the reviews list what the MSRP is and some list what a typical Newegg sale price is. Also, If I were to list an aproximate price, I'd have to list optional pricing like side windows or color differences. I think members would post alot of messages requesting the prices be adjusted because they're not correct too. I just feel it'd be to much of a headache; however, if enough member request it I will reconcider. Thank you for the suggestion.

I did consider listing color options and posting pictures of the case under the specs, but I felt the thread would get too long. Maybe I could use the spoiler code to keep the thread from growing to much. hmmmmm

Looking for input!!

Playing with the spoiler code to try and reduce the size of this thread. What are your opinions?

Do you like the spoiler feature with just the pic hidden just the specs hidden or hide all?

Looking for input!!

Playing with the spoiler code to try and reduce the size of this thread. What are your opinions?

Do you like the spoiler feature with just the pic hidden just the specs hidden or hide all?

Makes it look clean and neat!
I vote for the spoilers

To be honest I think anyone looking into purchasing one of these cases will be clicking on the review link to read if it fits their needs. They will most likely read reviews from multiple cases in the same catagory (i.e. Full Tower) and based on what fits their needs and "wants" most will begin to price shop. Not to mention mose shoppers will already have a price range in mind and will likely run from the $500 cases once they stop drooling. Most of the reviews list what the MSRP is and some list what a typical Newegg sale price is. Also, If I were to list an aproximate price, I'd have to list optional pricing like side windows or color differences. I think members would post alot of messages requesting the prices be adjusted because they're not correct too. I just feel it'd be to much of a headache; however, if enough member request it I will reconcider. Thank you for the suggestion.

I did consider listing color options and posting pictures of the case under the specs, but I felt the thread would get too long. Maybe I could use the spoiler code to keep the thread from growing to much. hmmmmm

fair enough, :thup:

edit: the "spoiler" with pic and information really made it nice and clean looking. Great addition.

I'm Now Accepting requests Via PM! Please include a link to a reputable review and I will add it as soon as I able.

Also PM me if you notice a case listed is discontinued so I can mark it as so.

Thank you for your patience and all who contributed with suggestions (even if they didn't get implemented) and a BIG Thank you to all the great reviewers we have here. They're the front line soldiers here and without their hard work and dedication we'd all be lost.

I think that you miss this one, it's a very unique case, you can have up to 3 PSU in that case if you want to(2 at the bottom, 1 at the top) :)

Last edited:
Back