• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where can I find specs for drive mounting holes?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MarkS

I'm in the process of designing an open computer case out of structural aluminum and want to make some drive trays for 3 1/2" and 5 1/4" drives. I'm not sure what to Google, but I need the mounting hole specs. I know this is standardized, but what it the standard called?

I'm not sure, why dont you find out yourself?

e.g get ruler,tape measure, measures holes on a case you have.

Are you serious? :confused: I'd like some amount of accuracy.:bang head

If you really want to be nit-picky about it, scan a hard drive with something of known length (i.e. ruler). Then scale it, and then measure the mounting hole distances. Repeat for CD drive.

If you really want to be nit-picky about it, scan a hard drive with something of known length (i.e. ruler). Then scale it, and then measure the mounting hole distances. Repeat for CD drive.

lol ya scan it at 1200dpi .... that will give you 1200 pixles per inch... i think that would be pretty accurate.

Back