• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Today support for XP ends.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Completely OT:

Love me some tfc! If you participated with the tfc Community at all (main forum was called the catacombs) that forum is now gone and replaced by tfcommunity.

:)

On topic: my team has about 15 computers left to migrate to windows 7 (about 1500 machines in our environment)

Dead? Pffft

I might switch to IE 6 just to foil M$'s plans on forcing the switch to IE 10 or whatever :rofl:

I love XP :grouphug:

I loved XP also, if they would of upgraded to DX11 and allowed IE 11 I would still have it for my secondary PC. However what made me upgrade to windows 7 on my secondary PC is Chrome is ending support 4/8/15.

I loved XP also, if they would of upgraded to DX11 and allowed IE 11 I would still have it for my secondary PC. However what made me upgrade to windows 7 on my secondary PC is Chrome is ending support 4/8/15.

Bye bye to Chrome then. :attn:

Completely OT:

Love me some tfc! If you participated with the tfc Community at all (main forum was called the catacombs) that forum is now gone and replaced by tfcommunity.

:)

On topic: my team has about 15 computers left to migrate to windows 7 (about 1500 machines in our environment)
I hope your migrTion is.going better.than ours... What a nightmare....

what the hell? i was never notified... effyeww microsoft you dirty h bags.

I hope your migrTion is.going better.than ours... What a nightmare....

Fortunately we only had a few hundred machines left. We had to ghost them one-at-a-time instead of using a mass-rollout via sccm or ghost server, but we only have about 15 left with our deadline at the end of the month. main med center IT still has over 10,000 with a goal of being done by mid-july. Yep.

Well the one machine running XP will keep running it till the end of time as I have some apps that Vista/Win7 or Win8 won't run.

I also have XP on VMs for those occasional instances where it is still needed on my more modern machines.

Speaking of the Devil, I'm passing on Win8.x and waiting on Win9. If I get a new machine with Win8 on it, I have plenty of spare Win7 COAs left in my inventory if it still annoys me too much to use.

The amount of annoyance is measured by the amount of time you use Windows 8 without http://www.classicshell.net/downloads/ Classic Shell.

It can be installed in seconds and thereafter, there should be nothing to complain about user-interface wise.

Last edited:
I've got 4 win7 COAs I still haven't used yet. So I'm not motivated for win8 even if it's free on a new machine. :shrug:

Back