• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

* HFM.NET - Client Monitoring Application for Folding@Home *

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The COMPLETED numbers are the number of WU's finished since the last time you restarted the client.

The FAILED numbers are the number of WU's that EUE'd (Unstable or Early) since the last time you restarted the client.

I think Harlam is going to add a # of decimal places option (something like 0-2) in a future release.

Edit: Apparently ChasR answered your question while I was on the phone.

Code:
shelnutt@K-Server:~$ cd  .wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Mono-2.4/bin/ && wine ./mono.exe Z:/home/shelnutt/Downloads/HFM\ Release\ 0.1.1.10/HFM.exe
err:ole:OLEPictureImpl_Load Failure while reading picture header (hr is 0, nread is 0).
err:ole:OleLoadPicture IPersistStream_Load failed

Unhandled Exception: System.Exception: Generic Error [GDI+ status: GenericError]
  at System.Drawing.GDIPlus.CheckStatus (Status status) [0x00000] 
  at System.Drawing.Image.InitFromStream (System.IO.Stream stream) [0x00000] 
  at System.Drawing.Image.CloneFromStream () [0x00000] 
  at System.Drawing.Image.Clone () [0x00000] 
  at System.Resources.RuntimeResourceSet.CloneDisposableObjectIfPossible (System.Object value) [0x00000] 
  at System.Resources.RuntimeResourceSet.GetObject (System.String name, Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00000] 
  at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject (System.String name, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] 
  at HFM.Properties.Resources.get_Restore () [0x00000] 
  at HFM.Forms.frmMain.InitializeComponent () [0x00000] 
  at HFM.Forms.frmMain..ctor () [0x00000] 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) HFM.Forms.frmMain:.ctor ()
  at HFM.Program.Main (System.String[] argv) [0x00000]

:cry:

Fix it!

(Mono 2.4 + wine 1.1.20 + debian testing)

Looks great :) This thread is very hard to read (because you need to scroll sideways - large image stretching forum area) at 1024x768, maybe I'm the only one here running that tiny?

Looks great :) This thread is very hard to read (because you need to scroll sideways - large image stretching forum area) at 1024x768, maybe I'm the only one here running that tiny?

i think your the only one haha but if your using firefox you can always hold down CTRL and press the dash key

Fantastic :beer:Kudos to Harlam357

Is there a way to round the numbers of the PPD and PPD/Mhz?

What do the completed #'s mean? When I started adding clients I was getting numbers from 0 to 131.

I have this running on Vista32

I think you already got your answer jersey... let me know if it needs any further clarification.

Code:
shelnutt@K-Server:~$ cd  .wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Mono-2.4/bin/ && wine ./mono.exe Z:/home/shelnutt/Downloads/HFM\ Release\ 0.1.1.10/HFM.exe
err:ole:OLEPictureImpl_Load Failure while reading picture header (hr is 0, nread is 0).
err:ole:OleLoadPicture IPersistStream_Load failed

Unhandled Exception: System.Exception: Generic Error [GDI+ status: GenericError]
  at System.Drawing.GDIPlus.CheckStatus (Status status) [0x00000] 
  at System.Drawing.Image.InitFromStream (System.IO.Stream stream) [0x00000] 
  at System.Drawing.Image.CloneFromStream () [0x00000] 
  at System.Drawing.Image.Clone () [0x00000] 
  at System.Resources.RuntimeResourceSet.CloneDisposableObjectIfPossible (System.Object value) [0x00000] 
  at System.Resources.RuntimeResourceSet.GetObject (System.String name, Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00000] 
  at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject (System.String name, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] 
  at HFM.Properties.Resources.get_Restore () [0x00000] 
  at HFM.Forms.frmMain.InitializeComponent () [0x00000] 
  at HFM.Forms.frmMain..ctor () [0x00000] 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) HFM.Forms.frmMain:.ctor ()
  at HFM.Program.Main (System.String[] argv) [0x00000]

:cry:

Fix it!

(Mono 2.4 + wine 1.1.20 + debian testing)

Shell, you don't need wine in the mix. I downloaded the OpenSuse + Mono 2.4 Virtual Appliance and I got it to at least fire up, no problem. There are path issues as I don't know how to tell linux to look for a windows share without using samba command line tools, even then the access I'm granted is rudimentary.

Also, even for local paths... the regular expressions I'm using are to validate windows style file paths. Things like "~/FAH/Clients/Folding" just don't validate at this time.

I've never had to (because I'm usually writing exclusively for .NET at work) but if I can determine programmatically what the runtime is (.NET vs Mono) then I can code to handle those OS specific situations. I doubt many people will be trying to run using Mono on Windows... although that could be possible.

klear said:
I can't believe I didn't save my configuartion, ouch.

If you reboot... yeah, I can't stop that. But if you just closed the app, you should have been presented with an opportunity to save the config. You can then specify it as your default config in the Preferences dialog.

I think people are just used to FahMon and the way it auto saves. Adding an auto save option has been requested, but I still need to have a filename to save it to if none has been loaded... what about something like "default.hfm" if no file with that name exists in the application folder?

The thing is... I would have to turn that feature on by default for it to really work. I think most folks will only be bitten by "forgot to save config" once... since they won't want to do it over a third time.

Thanks harlam357 ,,, the UTC offset would be +10,

Just so everyone else knows... Jolly has found a bug here. If a client is over an hour ahead of the machine running HFM, the client will be reported as Hung (Red). Even if you specify it has a 60 minute positive 'Offset', it will still be reported as Hung.

This will be fixed in the next Build. Thanks Jolly! :beer:

If you reboot... yeah, I can't stop that. But if you just closed the app, you should have been presented with an opportunity to save the config. You can then specify it as your default config in the Preferences dialog.

Vista 64, when I closed it, I wasn't asked if I wanted to save the config, it just closed. I clicked on the 'X' in the corner to close. Program in c:\Program Files (x86)\HFM

Ahh, you are correct torin... the code to catch that situation is linked to the actual Quit menu item in the File menu (also works from the systray menu). I guess I just don't click the 'X' very often. :D

I will fix this in the next build. Thank you. :)

The message will only show when you have actually changed the config. So if you've specified a default config and don't change it during the lifetime of the application, the app will exit without any interruption. :)

It woks so snappy in Win 7 an upgrade will be mandatory.

It will be nice to not have to deal with XP's lag.

That will be different for a change....where something works better in an OS that's not officially out yet.:beer:

H for President!!

Thanks for all your hardwork for our addictive little hobby.:beer:

I've never had to (because I'm usually writing exclusively for .NET at work) but if I can determine programmatically what the runtime is (.NET vs Mono) then I can code to handle those OS specific situations. I doubt many people will be trying to run using Mono on Windows... although that could be possible.

I have HFM building on mono 2.4 through monodevelop (ArchLinux 64 native). I had to patch the resx file for case sensitivity and the backslashes though. I also had to add the html parser lib into the solution (I don't have it in my GAC).

Things that might help:
  • Environment.OSVersion.Platform returns the OS version (aka Unix or not)
  • System.IO.Path.PathSeparator has the platform's path separator.
  • As for path checking, just check if the path exists instead of validating the entire regex.
  • To detect mono, look in here: Mono Windows Forms Porting Guide

It woks so snappy in Win 7 an upgrade will be mandatory.

It will be nice to not have to deal with XP's lag.

That will be different for a change....where something works better in an OS that's not officially out yet.:beer:

H for President!!

Thanks for all your hardwork for our addictive little hobby.:beer:

x2, this client works great!

bump... if all goes well, I'll have Build 11 out tonight. ;)

I have HFM building on mono 2.4 through monodevelop (ArchLinux 64 native). I had to patch the resx file for case sensitivity and the backslashes though. I also had to add the html parser lib into the solution (I don't have it in my GAC).

Things that might help:
  • Environment.OSVersion.Platform returns the OS version (aka Unix or not)
  • System.IO.Path.PathSeparator has the platform's path separator.
  • As for path checking, just check if the path exists instead of validating the entire regex.
  • To detect mono, look in here: Mono Windows Forms Porting Guide

Thanks for the link and the property names... those will provide useful. :)

I didn't try actually compiling under Mono... just took my binaries and placed them into a OpenSUSE + Mono 2.4 Virtual Appliance (the one available on the Mono website) and tried to run.

I'll try bringing the source into MonoDevelop as well. Also, you should be able to use the distribution HTMLparser.dll binary and just rereference it. That code is known to run fine under Mono. I don't include it in the main solution because it only needs built when things actually change, which is seldom for HFM's use of the library.

New Version: 0.1.1 - Build 11 - Beta - Download

- md5: 7b1ca379aec60a3f58cf02cd1ffc903f

- sha1: a26e724f5ed3470147a4d96bd72a1915ee6b163b

Change Log

• Fix: "No Prompt on Exit" after configuration has changed when exiting via the "X" on the main window.
  • Fix: Large 'Progress' values being parsed from UnitInfo.txt file.
  • Fix: Halt downloading of overly large UnitInfo.txt files (Local Clients Only).
  • Fix: Client status shows as 'Hung' (Red) when a client's log file time stamp is ahead by 1 hour. Setting an 'Offset' value of 60 minutes will now correct this.

• Change: Set default Stanford Project download to psummary.html, not psummaryC.html.
  • Change: Increase Client 'Offset' minimum and maximum values to +/- 720 minutes (12 hours).
  • Change: Messages Window Font to "Courier New" (fixed width) and made text read only.
  • Change: Format debug messages with message type identifier (" ", "X", "!", "-", "+").
  • Change: A lot of code realignment and changing of Debug Message Levels.

• Enhancement: Add Debug Level for Logging/Messages as a user defined setting (Preferences -> Defaults). Use this setting to effect the level of detail shown in the Log File and Messages Window.
  • Enhancement: Added support for missing FAH Cores currently not in production (GBGROMACS, QMD, GROST, DGROMACSB) and ATI & NVIDIA Development Cores.
  • Enhancement: Auto download new Project data when Project cannot be identified using cached Project data.
  • Enhancement: Only download FAHLog.txt when it has changed vs. the currently cached copy (Local Clients Only). Can speed up retrieval cycle, especially when set to very low intervals.
  • Enhancement: Output 'Status' Determination data when using 'Verbose' Debug Level. If you have clients continually showing as 'Hung' (Red) this output will help me debug the problem with the time stamps coming from the local machine vs. the hung clients.

Upgrading HFM to the latest release

• When upgrading HFM, please take the new Zip file and extract it to the same location as your current install and overwrite the older files.

• The user settings are tied to the location of the HFM.exe file. So if you move or otherwise rename any directory in the path to the HFM.exe file, you will lose your custom settings. Please choose your install location wisely, I recommend a very generic folder name like "\Program Files\HFM". Settings will also not follow the application from machine to machine. It is possible to transfer them and I will post instructions on how to do so at a later time.

I would like to extend a most gracious Thank You to everyone who has tried HFM. I appreciate all the kind responses and I certainly hope you enjoy using HFM. It's only going to get better. :)

Thank You! harlam357 this newest Build 11 seems to have certainly fixed a few issues, NO more Red showing on some of the VM's all are GREEN

Fold On!

Back