• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The OC Forums "Thank You" Thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Why? (not that you are wrong necessarily, but if you want to help, posting your input in his build thread would be ideal. As for PSU, that isn't a terrible idea... It could probably be the last PSU he buys, ever, for this rig or future ones)

I didn't see the build thread, or I woulda spoke up.. Basically, the 6850 is a decent budget card, but a pair of them isn't great value compared to a better single card, and 1250 is about 3x the power such a system would require, meaning that the PSU will not be running at peak efficiency under load, and would be even more wasteful during normal desktop use.

Why? (not that you are wrong necessarily, but if you want to help, posting your input in his build thread would be ideal. As for PSU, that isn't a terrible idea... It could probably be the last PSU he buys, ever, for this rig or future ones)

That is actually what I planned I planned on a High Wattage PSU for future upgrades. Im building this replace an i7 2600k build that was awesome but I sold it to a buddy to help him out. He needed a computer for college so we worked out a deal. As for the Crossfire I decided on that so I can have multiple monitors and Max out all my Games.

Thanks Man and Overclockers.com

That is actually what I planned I planned on a High Wattage PSU for future upgrades. Im building this replace an i7 2600k build that was awesome but I sold it to a buddy to help him out. He needed a computer for college so we worked out a deal. As for the Crossfire I decided on that so I can have multiple monitors and Max out all my Games.

Thanks Man and Overclockers.com

I made a mistake I was looking in the wrong cart:

Everything is right except for the Graphics and Motherboard

My build will consist of SLI GTX 480s and an Asus Maximus V.

I made a mistake I was looking in the wrong cart:

Everything is right except for the Graphics and Motherboard

My build will consist of SLI GTX 480s and an Asus Maximus V.

I'm really gonna have to go find your thread. 480s are pretty awful :)

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7323463#post7323463

Seems like its still ongoing on with no response from thor in a couple days. On a VERY brief look, I didnt see 480's or this massive 1.2KW PSU mentioned either. Nobody in that thread would have chosen that setup intentionally.

One can easily plan for the future with 2 of any single GPU and a 750W PSU though.....power consumption for GPU's has been lower or stays the same in the past couple of generations. Grabbing a pair of 480's now isnt the best idea either IMO. Plenty more efficient cards out there. :)

This talk should probably jump back to that thread to 'finish him off'. :)

Thank You OCF.

How does one start to say thank you to so many members for there patience and understanding and also willingness to answer. The most newbie of questions which no doubt have been asked a 100 times before! Since i became a member on the 19/08/2012 in short space of time, even now its hard to believe how much i have learned. And may i say i am still learning everyday, this is a great community of members willing to help each other no matter what. With a common bond called a PC which takes no account of borders or country's, the best of people working together. AJ. :thup:

P.S. There is a few members i wish to personnel to thank and enjoy working with, but they know who they are! :D

Last edited:
thank you thideras, your rack is so sesi ;).... err i mean for teaching / helping me with rack stuffs.

I'd like to say a big thanks to briansun1! Ever since i joined a few days ago he's responded to each of my threads, and has spent time with me via PM sorting out my build!

Kudos and much thanks !

It is a good read, and where I'd like to start as well. I've been here for a lot of it. :)

Thank you all.

After ten years here, I am happy to say I find these forums to be much as I remember them. These are consistently the best run, best moderated forums you can find. We have some incredibly knowledgeable, helpful, and patient members. We are a real community. And we have been through a lot.

And I think I have to give a special thanks to I.M.O.G. :cool:

During the whole iNet takeover era, things got pretty heated out here. Lots of buckshot flying. The 'Forum Feedback' section was a freaking hailstorm. And some of our members even said they would leave if we ever introduced advertising. And I guess some of them did. I'd like to thing that they still lurk, though...

Dude, you were single-handedly the glue that kept us together during that very difficult time, IMHO. It must have been like having to run damage control constantly; and I seem to remember you were getting pretty frustrated for a while there.

Thanks for sticking around. We are still here. :clap:

FB

I owe thanks to so many here i would never know where to start.

thanks to all for all the help!!!!

Start of with Many Thanks to these Amazing People
keny ,, trents ,,, RGone ,,, Johan45 ,,,, And a Very Special thank you to EarthDog

Good day

I am Still New to this wonderful Website But I would Like to share with you My Little Story How I Found www.overclockers.com :D

I was Never Interested in Over-clocking and Many people Have told me Many stories that Got me scared so I made an Agreement to mY self Not to be bothered By It .

As Time went By it was Time for me to get a Bigger and newer cpu cooler ( Air ) for My 7 or 8 year Old PC doing a search on Google Lead me to here , So I opened an account and posted my Question The first Person I contact with was Keny He answered me a few times and I got other reply Post from Other Members and that was it I took the Information and went my way, I left the Site for I am not sure 6 or 7 or even more Months Because All I wanted was to know what is a good CPU cooler and in the back of my head is to stay away from tweaking Before I break My PC :D ..

Again Time went by and I found out that I have a perfect cpu for over-clocking and it can Handle it with out me hurting my system so I came back here But this time I cant remember my user name or password or any thing :D

So I opened a New account and I promised my self to stay here and learn something Because every thing I read was very Interesting , So started to ask about how to OC this AMD cpu that I had ...

Here came trents and RGone and WOW these guys were on my case Like I paid them to do so :) there was Times when trents was out walking and he would answer me On his Phone Many thanks for that My Friend ,,

trents and RGone helped me all the way and we got my 8 years old system OC and running :thup:

I kept on replacing or I should say Upgrading hardware on my old system and them I just said to my self No I need to stop I am Just spending the same amount if I would be looking for a New PC ,, and what do you Know I found a Perfect deal on this system that I have NOW .

But this time Every thing is new for me from Bios and and so on my CPU is Intel KNow nothing about it ..

So I asked again for help and Johan45 and EarthDog were Amazing as much as there was language barrier and Most of it from Me ,, this Special Member EarthDog took the time and effort to stand Beside me on every Question I asked much appreciated My Friend

I would Like to add that I think this is the first Time I have Joined a forum that every one here Really Made me feel NOT Like a Member But More as Family this is really the feeling that these guys here at Overclockers.com Give you ..

Many Many thanks to every one I am Always Happy that I Joined

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thank you

Firas

Start of with Many Thanks to these Amazing People
keny ,, trents ,,, RGone ,,, Johan45 ,,,, And a Very Special thank you to EarthDog

Good day

I am Still New to this wonderful Website But I would Like to share with you My Little Story How I Found www.overclockers.com :D

I was Never Interested in Over-clocking and Many people Have told me Many stories that Got me scared so I made an Agreement to mY self Not to be bothered By It .

As Time went By it was Time for me to get a Bigger and newer cpu cooler ( Air ) for My 7 or 8 year Old PC doing a search on Google Lead me to here , So I opened an account and posted my Question The first Person I contact with was Keny He answered me a few times and I got other reply Post from Other Members and that was it I took the Information and went my way, I left the Site for I am not sure 6 or 7 or even more Months Because All I wanted was to know what is a good CPU cooler and in the back of my head is to stay away from tweaking Before I break My PC :D ..

Again Time went by and I found out that I have a perfect cpu for over-clocking and it can Handle it with out me hurting my system so I came back here But this time I cant remember my user name or password or any thing :D

So I opened a New account and I promised my self to stay here and learn something Because every thing I read was very Interesting , So started to ask about how to OC this AMD cpu that I had ...

Here came trents and RGone and WOW these guys were on my case Like I paid them to do so :) there was Times when trents was out walking and he would answer me On his Phone Many thanks for that My Friend ,,

trents and RGone helped me all the way and we got my 8 years old system OC and running :thup:

I kept on replacing or I should say Upgrading hardware on my old system and them I just said to my self No I need to stop I am Just spending the same amount if I would be looking for a New PC ,, and what do you Know I found a Perfect deal on this system that I have NOW .

But this time Every thing is new for me from Bios and and so on my CPU is Intel KNow nothing about it ..

So I asked again for help and Johan45 and EarthDog were Amazing as much as there was language barrier and Most of it from Me ,, this Special Member EarthDog took the time and effort to stand Beside me on every Question I asked much appreciated My Friend

I would Like to add that I think this is the first Time I have Joined a forum that every one here Really Made me feel NOT Like a Member But More as Family this is really the feeling that these guys here at Overclockers.com Give you ..

Many Many thanks to every one I am Always Happy that I Joined

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thank you

Firas

Hey buddy, good to hear from you. Thanks for the kind words. I am putting together my first Intel system for overclocking so I am much in the same boat as you right now. I bought a used I5 2500k from ebay last week to go with a motherboard I already had that I got from another forum member a while ago. Waiting now on a Corsair H100 water cooler to arrive in the mail.

Harry Trent

I am still learning something here, and I've been overclocking since the i486 days..Is this a great place or what?

with the way computers are evolving and some of the smaller details in signaling. there is always going to be something to learn about them and overclocking. i joined this place when my first big oc was a intel P3 700E@933 on a Asus CUSL2-C board. :comp:

with the way computers are evolving and some of the smaller details in signaling. there is always going to be something to learn about them and overclocking. i joined this place when my first big oc was a intel P3 700E@933 on a Asus CUSL2-C board. :comp:

That brings back memories..I have a slot one 700E that does 1100+ The max I booted it was 1136mhz and it was on an Abit board also (SH6)...I still have it, but it needs a new power supply. it will play quake 4 and half life2 smoothly.

I don't spend as much time here as I would like, bit life goes on. I still tell people that this is the place to go for real answers to technical questions. :salute:

Back