• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

400GB DIMM SanDisk sticks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeonCancerCandy

holy crap:
http://www.kitguru.net/components/h...-each-socket-of-supermicro-board-at-computex/

Dropping onto the Supermicro stand at CeBIT proved very interesting.
Naturally, we felt the urge to repeat the experience at Computex 2014 over in Taipei – and we were not disappointed.
The high-end/corporate companies tend to be more restrained when it comes to presentations and demos. You really need to get onto the stand and find out exactly what they’re showing.
One board in particular grabbed our attention.
SanDisk has crammed a pile of SSD memory technology into a regular-looking module. Having announced its intention to push out these modules in the first half of 2014, we know that they are already working on faster versions with even more storage – especially given that Intel is revamping its high-end/pro-products in the later half of the year.
Each of the monster modules being demonstrated at Computex can make a whopping 400GB of memory available to your CPU, on the fastest and most directly linked bus possible.
Given that they are server boards, you have 8 sockets available – and these can be fully populated to allow your CPU access to 3.2TB of memory at lightning speed.
We were given the tour by Rob Callaghan, a very happy looking Senior Product Manager for SanDisk.
Check out his big grin, big modules and the fully loaded board itself.
Rob told us that there are two key advantages for customers who operate in the money-saturated trading markets:-
1) The reduced distance to the CPU means speed is maximised
2) The shorter distance increases predictability, which means you can calculate – with some degree of certainty – how much work can be done each cycle. This is crucial for High Speed Trading (HST) systems, where you need to come to a buy/sell conclusion as fast as possible
SanDisk-Rob-Callaghan-Product-Manager-400GB-DIMM-SSD-KitGuru-Computex-2014.jpg
Supermicro-SuperServer-6027-AX-72RF-HFT3-KitGuru-Computex-2014-DIMM-Sockets.jpg
SanDisk-400GB-DIMM-SSD-KitGuru-Computex-2014.jpg

Last edited:
I clicked on this thinking it was a typo....
I see its not, hmm.

I wonder if they have any plans for consumer end user platforms, I could see 10% of the total amount of that stick being something worth while

Huh, didn't know Sandisk was in the RAM business, I thought they stuck primarily with Flash memory and their line of MP3 players.

Back