• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The OC Forums Way

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
Welcome to OC Forums. We're glad to have you as a member of our forums. Our Primary Goal is to provide each and every member the opportunity to pursue their desires and goals while here. We have full confidence in every member's ability to achieve them.

OC Forum Rules:

Rule #1: Use your best judgement in all situations. All other rules are intended to assist our members and staff in following this single rule.

Please feel free to ask other Regular Members, Senior Members, Forum Moderators, and Forum Administrators any question about the forum at any time. The Forum Feedback forum can also be used for this purpose. For a personal answer to a question, click a members username next to their post and a menu will display giving you the option to Private Message that user - all active Seniors, Mods, and Admins will reply to your PM after they receive it.

When welcoming other new members to the forum, we encourage you to link them to this thread.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

Last edited:
So I'm A Member, Now What?

As a new member, there are some features you should become familiar with to assimilate yourself with the forums. Obviously you are reading this, so congratulations - you are already one large step in the right direction.

Here's what else you can do:
  1. Post. You've got questions. We've got answers. And we know the inverse is true also. Feel free to post any questions or answers you have - we do not flame or persecute our fellow members for the extent of their knowledge of certain subjects.
  2. Search. The forum search tool is a valuable, yet neglected tool. It can not only help to answer a question you or someone else may have, but it can also help you pose a more accurate question to help you obtain the exact answers you want. If you don't know the answer to an interesting question another member poses, there is a great deal to be learned from the forum search tool. This tool is accessible at the top right of every page. Also, at the bottom right of every forum page there is a text box where you can type your search terms for that specific forum.
  3. View New Posts. This is a great way to expand the realm of your knowledge and find the threads that are currently most active. If your not sure what it is you'd like to know, this is a good way to figure that out. This forum function is available through a link called "New Posts" under Quick Links at the top of every page.

Last edited:
So, What Do We Do With This Thread?

This thread can be used by new, or old members to poke their heads up and just say "Hi" to the rest of the O/Community. If there's anything you want to let the rest of the community know about yourself, this is the place for introductions. Let's see those pearly whites! :D

Last edited:
I guess I'll start things off here...

Hi, my name is Matt. And I'm an OC-aholic.

I'm a Directory/Server Admin for Sherwin-Williams, part of a 5 man team supporting a few hundred domestic and international servers. I also admin the forums as well as Overclockers.com, and I help lead the Editors who keep good content on the front page. I like hanging out here as much as possible while researching and answering peoples questions, there's always new things to learn here. Hit me up anytime, you'll always find me on AIM!

See you around the forums! :D

EDIT: I forgot to share the meaning of my user name with everyone - IMOG stands for "In Memory Of Gus". He was my "Wild Boar" - a Vietnamese Potbelly Pig. Though he wasn't with me for very long due to a coronary birth defect, he quickly earned a special place in my heart. If your lucky, you may catch a glimpse of him in my avatar every so often! :D

Facebook

Updated 4/10

Last edited:
My name is CJ I'm a Junior in highschool ATM and I like computers bunches!

I program a lil, try to designe webpages a lil, Game a lil, do other computer stuff a lil, study a lil (less than I should), do non-computer related stuff rarly, and read, mostly this but other forums too, a lot.

CrashOveride said:
My name is CJ.....

Damn you for dibsing it first :p

Generally watch how other people conduct themselves here and it's fairly easy to see how it's done. Not that we don't like a bit of variety here and there :)

Hey, my name is David (no kidding! ;)) and I live in Edinburgh (well, for 5/7 of the week, and 2/7 in Livingston), Scotland. I am currently at Edinburgh University studying towards a Chemistry degree, doing Maths, Chemistry and Physics this year.

I think it would be cool if we put our best OC in our post as well :). My best so far, isnt great, but its dual XP1700+@XP2100+ which is an 18.1% OC on each CPU.

Hey yalls. im Nick, and im in highschool, im annoying and i argue with james.miller. nah. j/k

I love AMD and my XP1700 DLT3C 0310 XPMW is overclocked almost to 200 percent. Well, not really, but maybe like .3 Ghz short. Im at 2.4ish Ghz, i can hit 2.6, but it gets REALLY hot. My previouse best OC was a 2100 Pally 1.73Ghz @1.8Ghz. Now you can see why i thought i was in heaven when i got my 1700 :D

Cjwinnit said:

Damn you for dibsing it first :p

Generally watch how other people conduct themselves here and it's fairly easy to see how it's done. Not that we don't like a bit of variety here and there :)

Ha! Sucka! finaaly I get the credit I deserver... or somthing :D

You always getting called CJ in IRC! ha! ;)

HI!
I'm Brian and I'm a full time student at Michigan Tech University in the Keweenaw Peninsula in the great Upper Peninsula of Michigan :D My major is computer engineering and I spend most of my time tinkering with everything I own that is even remotely related to my computer.

Welcome To The Forums!

Last edited:
Hi, I'm Paul (Macklin). I always like to hear about what people apply their overclocking skills to ...

I just finished my master's degree in (Industrial and Applied) Mathematics at the U. of Minnesota and am now working on my Ph.D. in (Computational) Mathematics at the University of California in Irvine. I work in computational biophysics and biomedicine; that is, I apply methods from mathematics, computer science, and physics to medical and biological problems. Right now, I'm researching the numerical simulation of tumor growth and chemotheraphy. As such, I get to use a lot of computers. :)

Gee, what else ...

I've been happily married for a little over 3 years now, and I originally grew up in Fremont, Nebraska. Undergraduate degree (math/German with minors in economics and physics) at U. of Nebraska at Lincoln. I like to go running and biking, really enjoy good DVD's, and also enjoy fun C++/OpenGL/custom graphics programming when I'm not doing research programming.

Okay, well, this is too lengthy as it is, so I'll wrap up. If you're new to the forums, let me give you a hearty welcome! If you're not new but we've never been acquainted, let me say that it's great to meet you! :) -- Paul

Last edited:
Hi, my name is Shi.

I'm a student at the university of Louvain in Belgium.

Studying to be a business engineer.

Main interests: Computers, Laetitia Casta, Movies, F1, WRC.

I only got into overclocking 2 years ago, but I've spent quite a bit of time on it these last 2 years.

Nice to meet you all!

best overclock was getting halfway up the first page of ORB in Feb 2002 with 10649 points. I think there were around 7 people faster than me at the time. (good thing I saved that page: here)

Last edited:
Hello there i'm Chris, I joined the forums a while back now when I was first looking how to overclock, I learned what I needed to and loved the place so much I thought I would stay around for a little while, well it's over two years later and i'm still here.

As you can see from my avatar i'm a huge "Only Fools And Horses" fan my avatars always seem to revolve around the best comedy there is in my opinion, although I do love other comedys staring David Jason such as "Open all hours".

Around the forums you will usually see me posting in General Hardware, Folding and AMD CPU's, I try to make my posts actually mean something and have some value to the people i'm trying to help witch I hope they do, i'm always more than happy to help!

You can catch me on YIM although I must admit i'm not the most talkative guy about, just like in real life I suppose. At school I was always the quiet guy that hardly ever said a word unless I had to.

-Chris

Last edited:
Hi,
I'm Matt. I love to build computers. I am a junior in high school. I have been folding for team 32 for over a year now and I have been a helpful member here for over 2 years.

BTW, great job with this thread IMOG. Really nice idea.

Matt

I'm eric. I just got into computers about 1.5 years ago.

Freshman in high school.

Best overclock was my 1700+ was at 2.61 ghz for about 3 minutes wile I ran 3dmark.

sandman001 said:
I'm eric. I just got into computers about 1.5 years ago.

Freshman in high school.

Best overclock was my 1700+ was at 2.61 ghz for about 3 minutes wile I ran 3dmark.

2.61 whoa............

lol my volcano9 would become a melted blob of metal if i ran mine that fast lol

modenaf1 said:

2.61 whoa............

lol my volcano9 would become a melted blob of metal if i ran mine that fast lol

haha, slk-900U + 92mm tornado +2.05 vcore.

It was in the middle of the night with ambient temps of like 50F.

I opened up the window and had my computer right beside it with a big box fan blowing air into the case.

I didn't finish the run though, because it got unstable from the high temps and crashed to desktop.

Normally it's at 2300mhz.

huh. yeah, to keep mine from melting i keep it at about 2300 Mhz as well. Although since winter is comeing and my house gets colder, i might go up closer to 2.4. and once i get watercooling ill see if it does 2.6-2.8 ish.

Muahahahah i bet this was one fast reply :D

Back