• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The OC Forums Way

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm Roy. I got into this OCing addiction first by wanting to mod my rig last winter. I wanted a sweet looking rig, and I'd read many forums about how to make my beast more colorful. This one just grabbed me though, as it has so much more than just modding to offer. I am a junior pre med at lock haven U of pennsylvania. I also play rugby (obviously) and like to mountain bike. So far my best overclock is my 1700 up to 2.42.

I love the quote in your sig Roy. Rugby players are crazy tough, I guess if they're raised right though playing is just normal to them? ;)

/the site that came from is terribly offensive, often disgusting, and usually still manages to be funny ;)

Yeah I love that site very much. I agree with you on the content, yet I still laugh at it! Speaking of rugby.. I'm off to try out for the PA collegiate select team. I wouldn't consider myself totally crazy for playing, but something is missing for sure... Anybody ever see Jonah Lomu, from new zealand? He's the guy with the little patch of hair on his bald head, which sits atop a 225 lb, six foot five inch frame that can run the forty nearly as fast as randy moss... I'd hate to mark him haha

David said:
Hey, my name is David (no kidding! ;)) and I live in Edinburgh (well, for 5/7 of the week, and 2/7 in Livingston), Scotland. I am currently at Edinburgh University studying towards a Chemistry degree, doing Maths, Chemistry and Physics this year.

I think it would be cool if we put our best OC in our post as well :). My best so far, isnt great, but its dual XP1700+@XP2100+ which is an 18.1% OC on each CPU.

So what year are you in?

I ask only because i'm a fellow chemestry student too, and there aren't very many of us here in these forums. I thought i was the only one.

My name's Matt, like so many others. I like computers, but I get way to frustrated at them to pursue any kind of carrier with them. My nick name, bsspewer, comes from the Bull**** I'm always spewing out..

Currently I'm enrolled at UCF in Orlando, FL working for a Forensic Science degree. I have one class left before graduation. Yes, i do the same thing as the CSI people. No, I do not cut open dead people, but I've seen it done many times and am about to help on an upcoming weekend :).

Well..........my r/l name is Lyman. Been around OC forums just about since thier inception. I install, sand and finish custom hardwood floors nationwide. When not working, futzing with comps or scalping trolls, I fish and hunt. I am a 49 yr old NdN that follows "traditional" ways. Hence the nick.......it means red man.
I guess my "best" oc was a lil'Celly [email protected], never quite hit that 100% OC.

Hi, im KLowD9x, my real name is Erik. I dont really come here any more becuase once I got my fill with computers, I came here mainly for the General Discussion. But, the ops removed that and now I have another site that im loading up on information on, and they have an off-topic section. But yeh, I figured I would post something so the server doesnt think my account is dead.

Hallo. Ich heiße Peter from Seattle WA :D. I am in my second year of running start at north seattle commuity college (I'm a senior in high school but I go to college for thoughs that don't know what running start is) Hopfully I will go to Germany in the summer to continue germany study there in a program.

Anyways I have been around computers my whole life (games of course: keen, doom, all of the Quest series and a lot of game I can't remember on 5 1/4 in floppys w00t w00t) but I never really started to learn, tinker or build them until I saw a one gigahertz cordless phone and wonderd if I could make my computer a gigahertz :D That was several years ago. Now I am taking a computer classe (A+) and I also do a lot of computer work, repairing, virus cleaning, building for people I know. I have some future in Computers I just havn't decided what yet. I guess I will try a litle bit of everything.

Once you try OCing you never go back. These forums are truly great. Take care.

I am not sure why I have the name Big_Baller but I'v gone by it on the net for some time now. I think I will change the avatar soon. Does anyone start to get bald, close to the ago of 18? I am. It sucks.

I am determinded to get my barton 2500 stable at 2.6 ghz. But that hasn't happened yet. So I guess 2500 on a 2500 will have to do.

Last edited:
Bow down and fear me you mortal fools...

I am Little Devil, and i have come you to leech all your information from your forum to make me the most powerful villian every!!!! Muhahahahahhaa... Cough Cough.... Looks like the evil laugh is not for me :(

Anywayz, Im new here... Found this place from ExtremeOverlclocking... This is quite a cool place... Im not too keen on all the rules and the postings to get into certain forums but neither the less...

Check ya all round the board ;)

Im UnseenMenace and am proudly the first European Mod on OC-Forums.. Im a Englishman.

I used to be just DaMenace which is how my mother used to refer to me in my younger days, however I went to a meet with some IRC buddys once, but a few of us went down early after work and hit the bars... I got a little to over consumed and spent the rest of the meet passed out in my hotel room.. People started to joke that I was at the meet, yet nobody saw me and infact I was the UnseenMenace... :D (been using it every since)

Im into small form factor PC's such as the Mini-ITX platform and am a big fan of Linux although I am not very capable with it. (trying to learn)

w00r

Hello Im Ryan
Ive been lurking around this place for a long while, gots to love this big family :attn:

Im currently a college student working towards a few degrees in computer sceince :sn:
Im also the lead IT and my office....with stupid employees..anyone who has had their network messed up from someone with a laptop knows what im talking about.

Anyways, this place is the absoloute best, the people, the information, the girls...wait are there girls here:confused:
hahaha yea im silly too.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

<-- bows down to lilDevil... "Hey..... GIVE ME BACK MY INFORMATION!!!!" :D

My name is Jason. I just got married about 3 months ago. Just built my first computer... it's the rig in my sig (I made a rhyme!!! :clap: ) Yea, I'm a wiseguy too...

ATM: I'm studying IAP (Interdisciplinary Arts & Performance) at Arizona State University in my senior year. I'm hoping to move to either Columbia or NYU to get my Master's in Fine Art. I'm currently working as a Graphic Designer for Sandhills Publishing, I've been doing a lot of web work lately, so I'm literally on the net 10-16 hours every day. If you're curious, you can see some of my work in Smart Computing, Computer Power User, PC Today, and CE Tips magazines. I'm really into cutting edge graphics (print & web), 2d & 3d animation, painting, drawing, technical illustration, custom computers & modding, weight lifting... and most of all... gaming. I'm a non-recovering addict of Halo (XB & PC versions), so hit me up if you want a good CTF@BG match! ;)

Kinda sucks being into cutting edge junk like this when you're broke... but it's alright. It gives my wife something to complain about, since I'm not fat, lazy, bald, and impotent yet. :D

See you around...
Welcome to the forums!

Nice thread indeed IMOG.

Hrm... lets see, try to keep this short....

Ok, well My name is Lynn, although I go by Marty. (Middle name is Martin... get it? me either. :rolleyes: ) LoL

My nick (IFMU) is a name I started using a few years back when I couldnt get one of those "cool names" back when I was mentally challenged and used AOHe__. The name comes from a car wreck I got into several years back when my car, a 1970 Monte Carlo, fish tailed and litterally SHOT up telephone pole tension wires and sat at / <~ THAT angle and on 1 tire for nearly 2 hours. i.e. the Incredible Flying Mobile Unit was born. Which, is the name I started using and have been since. If there is a forum that I would even be remotely interested in, Ive joined, with that name. ;) LoL

Anyways, I dont do much of anything other then work, sleep and bugger with my computer. Im not sure what the best OC is Ive gotten honestly, but I think it would prolly be either this older slot 1 300Mhz that I had at 600Mhz, but was never capable of testing for full stability. No spare HDD. It booted to it and thats about the best I could do at the time. So not totally sure on that one. Then I had an ASUS nForce board (the first round) Um... tryin to recall... 1.4 Thunderbird... think I got it 1.8 or 1.9... not sure to be totally honest... cant remember..... sucky memory... lol

Wow... that got huge.. ok Im out

Peace!

IFMU

Welcome!

Xaipe!

Er... WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

Ah, that's better.

My name's Matt. I like computers. A lot. I also like to think I know a few things about them, having recently acquired a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and a job as a software engineer at a Fortune 500 company. Although I'd usually rather be writing or playing games. :D

When I'm not working (which isn't all that often), I like to spend my time playing games, fencing, and hanging out with my college friends. Reading books and working on my own programming projects seem like distant memories after 4 years in school, but they're also indulged in when I get the chance. ;)

I fenced competitively in college (8th place finish in the division my senior year), and also played on our rugby team (B-side lock) *and* in the marching band (now *there's* a combination for you!)

Anyone interested enough to read through this should know that if you're a programmer in the Boston area with a CS degree, really sharp C coding skills and knowledge of assembly programming and the internals of multiprocessing systems, I can probably get you an interview for a full-time programming position. PM for details.

Hey guys, I'm new here. I'd like to introduce myself...

My name is Brett. I'm currently a junior in a Dallas-area private high school, the St. Mark's School of Texas. I participate in our school's robotics club, where in October we placed third in our city-wide robotics competition, the Dallas BEST (DallasBEST.org) sponsored by Texas Instruments (TI.com and BESTInc.org). On November 21 we will advance to compete in the Texas BEST competition (TexasBEST.org), where teams from Texas, Kansas, New Mexico, Arkansas, and Oklahoma will face us. I also enjoy programming in JavaScript, Visual Basic, ASP, some PHP, and also enjoy creating works of art in Photoshop, Flash, and Maya. I play water polo, I swim, and I play baseball (all for my school).

I came upon you guys when I decided that I didn't like the lack of choices I got with retail systems (i.e., Dell), and decided to take a leap and build my own computer. Though I had many problems both buying quality parts and putting them together correctly, it was your forum that helped me, even being my very first post there. So at this very moment, I am the proud owner of an AthlonXP 2500, capable of very much more than that =)

Just thought I'd get to know you guys =)

I have them on a website that I made for the club, but ATM I have not fixed the references to my cascading style sheet reference, so colors might be a bit off...

But, I'll put the URL up here anyway. Don't laugh at the colors just yet =P

http://www.smrobotics.org/

My name's Matt (how many of us are around anyway?), I'm a junior in high school. Half my life revolves around the fun, cozy craziness of our band and jazz band, I'm a drum major and play French horn and trombone, and I try to squeeze in loads of honors classes, expanding my music listening experiences, reading quality EU Star Wars, trying somewhere to get things in order and get myself around to learning computer graphics, and trying to get to know a very beautiful (in more ways than one) girl during the rest of my time. So I don't have that much time around here anymore, but I squeeze it in :)

The only real OC that I've gotten around to so far is my 1.8 Xeon that I BSEL'd to 2.4, a 33% OC.

Hey guys :D

I'm kaz (but my rl name is karen) and I liv in glasgow in scotland an I goin out wiv mmy friendz and dancin and stuff and gettin drunk hehehehehehe :p

I came her to learn about PCs n stuff coz all the guys think they are smart coz they kno evrything and I wanna show them that girls can be gd wiv PCs as well.

I wld post my pic but im not that gd lukin :(.

ttfn guys :cool:

Back