• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The OC Forums Way

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
bsspewer said:

So what year are you in?

I ask only because i'm a fellow chemestry student too, and there aren't very many of us here in these forums. I thought i was the only one.

My name's Matt, like so many others. I like computers, but I get way to frustrated at them to pursue any kind of carrier with them. My nick name, bsspewer, comes from the Bull**** I'm always spewing out..

Currently I'm enrolled at UCF in Orlando, FL working for a Forensic Science degree. I have one class left before graduation. Yes, i do the same thing as the CSI people. No, I do not cut open dead people, but I've seen it done many times and am about to help on an upcoming weekend :).

I'm just in my first year (of 5) at UofE in Edinburgh. I am doing just a straight Chemistry MChem degree, and finding it very intesting as I am finding Stoichiometry more interesting than thermodynamics so far ... cant be right .... :eek: lol.

Hello all. I'm Shane and I just recently moved to MN from MA then back to MA. (long story) On the way my comp was trashed by UPS so I'm still working on getting my insurance money. :|

I know a bit about some programming langauges, but I'm pretty newb to ocing, but I want to learn :D

Welcome to the forums!

What languages are you familiar with? I know a pathetic amount of Java and VB .net. :D

IMOG said:
Welcome to the forums!

What languages are you familiar with? I know a pathetic amount of Java and VB .net. :D

Me too!!! I think I can remember probably one command in Java... it's been a long time since I dropped Java Programming 1...

System.out.println("Java is neat!");

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!!! I know Java!!! :D:D:D

He is Patrick Walsh. He lives in Peterborough, Ontario, which is a little town of 75K, and its ALL white :(. He likes computer games, especially shooting ones. He reads alot and does as little actual work as possible, and is quite lazy, and procrastinates like mad. He overclocks because he wants his computer to run his games as fast as possible. He is in his last year of highschool and plans on attending University next year for computer something... He has focused on software because it is challenging and fun to make infinate loops on computers that have fortress on them, which allows only a hard reboot to get out of the loop... "tee hee hee", he says. He once knew Java, VB, and Turing but forgets all of them.

My name is Sean and I have been a Radiologic/Ultrasound Technologist for about 11 years. My very first computer was a Timex/Sinclair with 2K of memory. :D

I have been visiting overclockers.com for about 6 months and I have learned alot! When I first visited this site, I thought overclocking was not something that would be possible or very practical for me to do. I thought my computer would just burn up after a few months of use. From the help of everyone here, I have been able to build a computer myself that is overclocked very respectably, and it has given me a real sense of pride.

I have met a lot of very nice, helpful people. Nobody flames you here, just because you are a newbie that asks a question that has been asked hundred times before. Everyone is very willing to help you out. That is why I have stayed. This is a good place to be.

If you are new here, WELCOME TO THE FORUMS! You might check out the Folding Team forum. You can join our team by using the idle cpu cycles on your computer to help find a cure for cancer, and many other diseases. We are currently ranked 3rd in the world, but we can use everyones help to make it to #1!

My name is Bob and I am building my first computer and can find all sorts of useful information on the O/C Forum thanks for having me aboard.

Hi. My name is Karl, and I'm from Grimsby, Ontario Canada. My nickname is Oni, and it means demon in Japanese. I'm the official Shirt Ninja in these parts :)

Around the forum, I mostly stick around Games and General Discussion, but I also lurk around Alt. Modding, Microsoft Operating Systems, Applications and Software, and Video and Sound cards. I can be terribly sarcastic and opinionated at times, but I'm pretty easy going and agreeable on the whole.

I'm a big anime fan, and will watch just about anything regarding that. I enjoy computer hardware more than software, and avoid coding like the plague.

I'll talk to just about anybody, but I'm not a terribly 'chatty' person. Feel free to PM or IM me (I'm available on every popular IM client) if you'd like to talk.

Hi, My name is Jason, I'm from Quebec, Canada... and NO I'm not french ;).... although I can speak french, I'm English born and raised.

Hmm... no college for me, Finished high school and decided it wasn't for me. I'm nearly 22 and *EDIT* Just became a forklift driver *EDIT*. I run my own computer repair/upgrade business on the side, doing quite well actually. Also, I'm a farmer... yes us farm boys can get into technology too, my parents own the farm, and I help out on weekends. We raise beef cattle and horses.

Hmm.. I'm getting married in the near future (June 2006) to my beautiful fiance who I met online in 1999 :) I owe a lot to computers, they have really changed my life, I used to be quite the troublesome teen but computers have gotten me straightened out and on track. OC forums has taught me almost everything I know about them.... THANK YOU TO EVERY MEMBER!

Last edited:
Hi I'm Jimmy and I'm from Wisconsin. I stumbled across this site, saw a great community out here, and had to have in on it. I just bought a house so I'll have one more build (still waiting for the monitor) to post about and then the buying part of this little hobby of mine will be done for a while.

I'm a suffering civil servant making the most out of a psych/anthro degree. Yeah ok, I'm really not making any use of it at all. I just really had to get the student loan people to shut the freak up; and then I kind of got stuck here working my way up to Governor. :)

My annual calendar is marked by Halloween and Summerfest. The rest is just kinda' filler material. When I'm not tweaking my computers I'm drumming or fishing or camping or drinking too much Bud. Sometimes I do more than one of these things at the same time.

Hi I'm Keith. I'm from Quebec, Canada. I worked as an interior designer for a while, then as a mechanic (both of which I went to school for). I currently work as a computer tech, which I never went to shool for, thanks to everything I learnd from the forums in the last few years.

JDXNC said:
Hi, My name is Jason, I'm from Quebec, Canada... and NO I'm not french ;) and proud of that fact.... although I can speak french, I try to use it as little as possible :p

Hmm... no college for me, Finished high school and decided it wasn't for me. I'm nearly 21 and a mechanic by profession.

Ever get out to MTL? I was figuring we should have an Canadian OC.com get together sometime possibly head over to somewhere in Ontario and meet some of the guys from there.

I'm Steve, I'm 50 and have been happily married for almost 25 years. I have two adult children. Daughter 23 & son 20. Six pesky house cats (Edit: five as of 12/27 :cry: ) and two barking rats (miniture pinchers) :D

My career has been changing about once a decade. I've worked as an Electrican in the US Navy, did all phases of residential building construction in San Diego CA, worked in the printed circuit board industry in White City OR and now I'm working for Tara Labs in beautiful Ashland OR building very expensive home theater equipment while going to college part time.

I'm studying to be a registered nurse now so I can help others in their greatest time of need and also make enough to live on for the rest of my life. (no pension so far and forget SSI :( ) It's very interesting work and export proof too.

My handle audioaficionado comes from my love of high-end audio systems. I have to DIY them because that's the only way I can afford it.

I was looking for a more powerful computer to run very sophisticated speaker design and testing software on. Since I DIY my own audio equipment, I figured I'd do the same for a new computer. Google pointed me to this forum and I was amazed that you could safely overclock a computer and make it much more powerful.

Well I soaked up lots O' knowledge for awhile until I learned a thing or two and started to help others. Next thing I knew I was asked if I'd like to be a senior member. I accepted the honour and was amazed I'd even received the invitation.

This is the very best forum I've been associated with. You'll get more out of this expirience the more you participate.

I mainly hang out in the SMP and Folding at Home areas but I do venture into the hardware areas frequently. Occasionally I'll venture into the discussion areas to see what else is happening.

Welcome to the forums

Last edited:
Greetings

I'm Griffin

This place is habit forming, but the side effects are rather desirable.

Don't chat much, as i'm usually reading, or playing any instrument i can get my hands on, and i prefer audible conversation. It was music which fanned the flames of interest in PC's. I wanted to build a recording studio, and Mac's were out of my price range, as were OEM boxes, so i had to figure it out. And i'm glad i did. I remember the days of text based bulletin boards, C64's and AppleII's, because i'm 30 yrs old. Anything beyond that is pretty blurry.

I am all over this place, just following my nose. Sometimes i strike a nerve, but i mean no harm.

Personnel info:
Code:
Name                : DJ
Gender              : Male
Age                 : 20 and a bit
Location            : Thunder Bay, ON
Occupation          : Well Technician
Education           : ^got my ticket for that, and ima drop out ;) the drops outs seem to make the money eh :D

DDR-PIII said:
Personnel info:
Code:
Name                : DJ
Gender              : Male
Age                 : 20 and a bit
Location            : Thunder Bay, ON
Occupation          : Well Technician
Education           : ^got my ticket for that, and ima drop out ;) the drops outs seem to make the money eh :D

While your submission is somewhat unique, I don't think it's going to win you the Mr. Forum Warmness and Personality title. ;)

alright i'll have a shot.

my nick is emericanchaos. it is an original nick i thought up about a year and a half ago. it goes like this. i am an american so start there. i like electronics and owe alot to electricity. so that makes me an electronic american (also i chat alot to people from other countries so electronic american fits this as well) i shortened that to emerican. then the last bit. all through my life i've had trouble with sleeping and depression/ADD. these problems make life quite chaotic at times as i'm awake at the wrong times and often have trouble getting things done. so that qualifies as chaos and became an addition to the rest of me :D my friends call me chaos, yes they really do, because the full name is a bit of a mouth full when we go out.

i don't think i really have a home forum here. i float around and sorta lurk while remaining active. guess i just have to much time on my hands. if i were to choose a home forum it would be the folding forum or vid cards and sound.

i'm probably the resident grammar nazi. i tend to say things properly on the boards as it gives me the ability to actually write rather then try to get a word in like a chat room or channel. i also tend to be long winded in posts as you're noticing now.

i like computers, cars, girls, puzzles, cooking, and sometimes eating if i made it well. i'm currently a freshman at Pennslyvania College of Technology http://www.pct.edu studying Data Communications and Networking. i'm 20 and turn 21 on new years eve.

i can say alot more but i won't. if anyone wishes to contact me you can hit on AIM or YIM @ emericanchaos or click the www button at the bottom of the post and visit my home on the web.

Introducing the resident forum lurker :p

My nick is L337 M33P for no readily apparent reason, my real name is Jonathan. I live in England and stumbled across the site 6 months ago, found the forums and decided to join.

My knowledge of computers has risen exponentially since then, and I have purchased numerous upgrades weeee

I usually post in almost all the hardware sections - I have no liking for programming lol.

I am studying to become an Electronic Engineer - final year of college this year.

Hiya!

My name is Mika and I'm a lurker from finland. I work in an internet helpdesk and study comptuter science in university on my free time.

Wellcome to the forums!!

Hello, my name is Ben, and as you see, I'm from Helsinki, Finland.
I'm a student of Internet Media in a art academy, where the others use macs. I spend a lot of my time designing case mods and helping friends with computer problems.

My name comes from a nickname that my older sister came up with, which also happens to mean gasoline in Finnish.

Back