• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The OC Forums Way

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hello,
My name is Monty. If O/C had an over-the-hill gang, I guess I'd be a member. My nic comes from a car my dad used to race, a 1965 Barracuda. The only picture I have of me and my father shows him holding me in front of the car when he won his first and only first place finish in 1965.

I came to O/C on the advice of a friend when I decided to build a new machine, but was behind on the times. Now I'm hooked on overclocking and folding.

I am a nine year Navy veteran but I got out in 1991 so I could raise my two oldest daughters who I got custody of in a divorce. I have since re-married and added two more daughters. Yeah, I know, I'm a glutton for punishment. My girls are 18, 16, 11 and 3. I now design commercial fire alarm systems.

You will not find a better group of people than those you will meet right here. Although it is not a place to come and chat, you will quickly feel like family. Don't be afraid to ask what you think might be a stupid question, Lord knows I've asked my share.

My best o/c is in the sig. I know HTML and am currently learning Basic and C++ (at the same time and it's driving me nuts).

Welcome to the forums!

<edited for stupidity>

Audioaficionado said:
I'm studying to be a registered nurse now so I can help others in their greatest time of need and also make enough to live on for the rest of my life. (no pension so far and forget SSI :( ) It's very interesting work and export proof too.

Ya shulold've come to me for some career counciling fisrt!:D :D :D :D

I am a registered nurse and work in critical care. I am also a volunteer fireman for 22 years so that explains my tittle.

CrystalMethod said:

Ever get out to MTL? I was figuring we should have an Canadian OC.com get together sometime possibly head over to somewhere in Ontario and meet some of the guys from there.

Now and then :) I'm just south of Sherbrooke, so about 90 minute drive from MTL... I try to make it out a couple times a year to see a few Habs games...Ontario is a bit far for me to travel, but I think MTL would be a good central location, it is a very nice city :) We should arrange something!

firenurse4 said:

Ya shulold've come to me for some career counciling fisrt!:D :D :D :D

I am a registered nurse and work in critical care. I am also a volunteer fireman for 22 years so that explains my tittle.

If I could roll back the 'sands of time', I might go for either PA or MD. But RN ain't too bad for now considering my age.

My name is Jimmy and my last name starts with T so hence the name Mr. $T$, I graduated HS last year and am working full time at a local computer shop, I plan to go to collage in the spring and specialize in some kind of information technoligy most likely fiberoptic. I have been a member here since 2001 and been lovin' it ever since, I have a VW bug that I have been working on and that is pict in in my avatar, it looks alittle more sporty now. I live in SO oregon in the deep wilderness of red neck country :p An no I AM NOT one of them. :cool:

O_O perrrtyfull thread :D

heres my info :p

Code:
Name : Jasper 
education: still trying to finish HAVO (dont know the US name..)
Reason for OC'ing: I OverClock for fun :) the feeling that you can run a PC that much faster, and mess around with it, is just great :D

well, lessee how many newbies we can get here ! yarr!

best OC? my only OC (my previous rig)
Pentium III coppermine slot1 600mhz @ 800mhz 6*133 (on stock cooling!)

Hey, I'm Max aka orange on the board ...

With the help of these forums I was able to kick computer from a mere 1.8Ghz to an extremely stable 2.3Ghz (a 500Mhz boost), although through the overclocking process I have had times where the machine was all the way up to 2.5Ghz, which is getting dangerously close to a 3/4 Ghz overclock! However, it was terribly unstable, so I mellowed down to 2.3. My computer's name is SAL because of it's blue lights and acrylic case. It's sweeeet. All lighted and stuff. Big ol duct in there, red mobo, double cd burner action, zalman speed controller ... and one of the knobs on the speed controller controls how far the light in the cathodes go up the bulb! So I can make it all flashy and stuff. One day I'm doing to try to rig them up as db meters for L and R channels off my sound card.

I'm also a vintage junky! I love the 486 series of computers. I have two DX/4-100 processors, a DX/4-120 processor, a SL 25 laptop, and a server that runs off of six DX/2 66 processors! I also have some mondo awesome hardware for those chips, like a custom blue anodized heat sink head on the 120, a green head on one of the 100s, a mach32-powered ATi graphics wonder ISA card, AWE32 sound card w/ expanded memory, about 50 sticks of older RAM, even a mobo with PCI slots! My laptop is my pride and joy right now though. I recently got a PCMCIA CD-ROM, a zip drive battery, a new HDD, expanded RAM (8MB RAM total) ... a mess of stuff. I also stuffed it with a 4500mAh battery that lasts days w/o a charge. It rules. I also dig the NES. A lot.

Yeah these forums ROCK. Everybody here is very kind and helpful, won't laught at your mistakes, and care when you make them. I too will help you guys achieve your maaaaad oc skillz and fold it like I stole it. So enjoy the forums, good luck with your oc'ing, and HAVE FUN!

Hi,

My name is Nirbush or Nirb
name comes from 2 rock bands Nirvana + Bush from a long time ago and for some reason just kept the name.

I do websites i know some html and php. Never been to school for it just teach myself.

Ive built 2 comps so kinda new at that. Just started overclocking and this forum was great help i was able to get my athlon xp 2000 to 2.380mhz last night and it was actually stable. Thats about it for me..

Nir

Hi my name is Al, 23, from the emerald isle ie. Ireland! :)

Been lurking here for god knows how long, and using the search button a lot. Now I'm sick of using it and will just ask directly from now on! ;)

"Studying" computers in uni for too long also. Had the old 386 which was my first pc, had an atari st before that. Pretty much computing all my life. Had a lot of the consoles. Snes, megadrive, mega cd, playsation, ps2, xbox... etc. Now I'm more into ocing. And with ur help, squeeze the last piece of ever loving performance of the my system. Good to be here! :)

HELLO pranks7er here, also a member of another well known forum, (will not mention names) dont worry not a newbie to computersor modding but maybe overclocking !

hi, i'm new to this forum, i've been a menber in other forums for about a year, i know my way around AMD based systems, intels not so much, i'll be bugging you to help me squezze every last bit of performance form the hardware i get/have :)

Hellooooo Therrrre to all you people out in Overclocking Land.

The name's Dame(Damon to be exact) from the mean 'ol streets of New York City. I came across this board from a link that pointed to the uncovering of the 'Grinch That Stole Christmas'(*******s). Unfortuantely I was a victim of said Grinch and received a locked Barton. No worries. I'm cool with it. *inconspicuously loads shotgun* FINE I tell ya. :D Anyway, glad to be here. I'm new to the OC game and ready to get dirty.

Hi. I'm Shane, but you can call me Timmy. I'm sure all of you know (or at least recall) the old website TimmyBigHands.com. It was closed last year becuase it did not generate any revenue. It was created by the makers of Mystery Science Theater - A GREAT SHOW. Anyways, I still FULLY support Timmy, but enough on that.

I build boats for a living. I am a Supervisor of the interior department at Rinker Boat Co. Specifically, I build the largest boat in our fleet, a 42' Cuddy Cabin. The boat has 3 bedrooms, a full bath, and a full washer/dryer room - besides the deck and lounge floors. It is addorned with a Flatscreen LCD television with a Bose surround sound setup, cherry-wood throughout and corinthian leather seating. A very nice setup indeed.

I was married just two years ago, and we are both young and very poor. My wife loves me enough that she SOLD A CAR to build the computer in my signature. I could not believe it! Now we have to deal with figuring out how to get around with only 1 car, but I love my PC. The forums are a big part of my day, as I rush home to read the latest posts. We have a great bunch of guys here, from whom you can learn a great amount on just about any computer related subject. Read through here, and enjoy. We'd be happy to answer any of your questions.

Welcome to the forums, all.

Well... I've been lurking here way too long and posting way too little, partly due to my firm belief in the value of the search button, though now that I know a few answers I'm being helpful when I can... but anyhow I thought I'd get around to saying hi. My name's Daryl. I'm a Computer tech at a local Digital Video Store (lotsa high-end hardware :D) , though I'm attempting to save up and get back into college... for what I don't know. So,

I've been overclocking for quite a while also, thought I didn't come across this site till sometime in 2000. My first OC attempt was on my parents old 486DX33, took it up to 40!!. (Which, percentage wise, is my best OC). My current OC is in my sig. It'll post higher, above 1.9 GHz in fact, but isn't stable there, and I'm not sure what part to blame it on, so since I like where its at, I'll leave it till I have more money.

Hi my name is Joe, I've been an Overclockoholic for a week now...
I am new here. I know a bit about O/Cing and I am really into it and completely insane. I'm also English, so fear me.

A penny for the one who can guess my first name ;). I'm here mostly for the watercooling section, I've been overclocking for a number of years and I figured water was the next logical step.

Just because I'm still on an achievement high, here's a little pic of my system as it stands:

130_3090.jpg

So hello to all, and happing OCing :)

Hi there. I love this form. I have been doing it all by myself, and now I have somewhere to ask my questions. Thanks guys!

Hey Peeps Adam here (some of you may know me as SlaterSpeed)

Ive been into this overclocking stuff for a couple of years now but only discoverd this site about a year ago and its definatly the best thing on the net! Im at collage and what with all the work and stuff i dont have much time to post as i would like but im allways messing with computer stuff and allways happy to give you a hand if you need it.

Im hopeing to start a small buisness up after collage so i can turn my obsession into some money and have a bit of fun at the same time!:) so watch this space!

Apart from the pc side of things im very interested in cars and perticualy motorsport. Im only 17 but have allredy built a couple of motors. My dad owns a engineering buisness wich is great for both car and computer stuff (waterblocks!) and ive also raced Karts at national level since i was about 8 or 9 so im hoping to do a degree in motorsport engineering or something like that.

Other than that im your usal 17year old who spends most of the time either In bed, Drinking or trying to get girls! (and failing lol) :D

Back