• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The OC Forums "Thank You" Thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I.M.O.G. said:
Have you hugged a member today?

Anytime you get some help from a member on the forums, and feel they went above and beyond what is expected, this is the place to recognize them for their efforts. I see thank you's in threads all the time, but this is a place where people can be openly recognized before everyone when they deserve it.

Feel free to tell others about who helped you, what it was someone helped you with, how they helped you, and link to the thread if you like!

Thanks OC Forums!

Thanks to David also for the idea of starting a thread like this. :)

Blah!!! Just make them send you money!!! :)
Rob :attn:

I would like to say Thank You to Skip, all Mods, Admins and Senior Members, and every other member for doing such a great job keeping this Forum alive and courteous. By Far the best forum I have ever associated with.

A special thank you to archilochus for all the assistance and seemingly endless supply of good ideas and advice.

A big thank you to Aphex_Tom_9 "The best scrounger on the forums" (If there is a deal out there PM Tom he probably already found it :) ) Thanks again for the heads up and oppourtunity to buy my new Toy. A 600 PCP&C PSU from E-Bay.

What a great idea for a thread. I just modified my sig so more members know about it.

Thanks

I want to thank anyone who has ever asked OCFs a question, so I didn't have to. I would really like to thank those who have monitored and skillfully provided answers. :attn:

This is the first forum I have ever been a member of. I am amazed by the reliable information gathered here and the ease of accessing it. Way to go OC Forums and all its helpful members. :clap:

Ok my big thanks goes out to Electron Chaser for reading that I needed a replacment odd ball 70mm CPU fan and then turning around and sending me one free of charge all the way from Florida to Surrey BC Canada. Thank You Again.

Skip and the non-democracy staff
Nihili for watching over the General Discussion section back in the day and forcing me to THINK before replying
Malpine Walis for remembering a newbie and inviting me back when I had started drifting away
Christoph for believing I might actually be able to contribute to a project of his, and then actually using what I offered
iNet for keeping my cyberhome open
And everyone who took the time to teach me the correct information instead of just telling me I was wrong.

You all are why I brag that this is where I hang out whenever I'm plugged in.

Thank You

DWolf:cool:

Yeah, there's definately NO WAY I could possibly thank all the awesopme people around here. I started coming here after my first REAL computer purchase and by posting n00b questions and reading all the CrAzY informational posts and stickys, everyone here has helped me graduate from n00bdom to someone who can actually post intelligent answers here and try to return the favor!

I will have to single out Sentential and thank him for answering all my NF7-S n00b questions over MSN messenger day after day! Thanks Bro!;)
And I guess I want to thank deception`` for always having the most informational, to the point, down to earth posts that really make these forums the place to go for intelligent replies.
OC FORUMS ROXXoRs!!!!!1 :burn:

Last edited:
I would like to thank everybody preventing this forum from becoming a n00b flaming hell-hole like [H].

Specific people I found a great deal helpful here but also at other forums:

Cathar - when I first built my watercooling loop, found a lot of your testing/info helpful
hitechjb1 - your stickies are always up to date, helpful
Gautam - A64 sticky is very helpful to those new to K8 and for being really helpful
flapperhead - for being the RAM guinea pig, if I don't see you post for a couple of weeks, I'll know you tried to run 6V through some ram

Sorry if I forgot anybody, will update as I remember :D

I think chronological order makes the most sense.
First of all, I want to thank whomever it was that PMed 1-star newbie me during a debate, telling me that it's impolite to crap on someone's thread just because I disagree with him and he won't change his mind. I think I was Flounder who I disagreed with, but don't have a clue who it was who PMed me.
I want to thank all the knowledgeable members who made my first discussions about insane cooling methods here so much fun
Thanks to nihili for his world-class logicking. I'm glad you finally have a job that's worthy of you. I won't share any pics you send me stuff under an NDA. I promise.
I'd like to thank David and XWRed1 for helping Linux newbie me. The first weeks of the switch sucked, but you two made it liveable. I owe you a ton for that.
Thanks to rogerdugans for his help getting all the administratrivia cleared for my Alt OS FAQ and for the stick.
Thanks to all who were willing to proofread and suggest changes/corrections for my FAQ (in random order); DWolf (and his boss), SewerBeing, Suicide Al, SickBoy, DarkArctic, kaltag, Ryan0rZ (note the spelling ;)) and stabob.
I also would like to thank the Alt OS regulars like {PMS}fishy, Arkaine23 and XWRed1. It's great to know that I can be out of commission (stupid school) for weeks at a time and the forums won't suffer any.
Finally, I want to thank Arkaine23 for Overclockix and his contributions to Yoper, kaltag for his insane distro sticky and Titan386 for his Samba writeup. You guys are a credit to the community.

{PMS}fishy said:
Id like to shout out to, Mr B, Lutawiscasa, SilverSinkSam, and JoT.

Never had a bad deal, ever. Never been trolled, only seen 1 or 2 bad deals around here. Its because of these guys that it is this way.

I'de like to thank {PMS}fishy for typing this so I didn't have to ;).

And I would like to appoligise to those who I may have offended over the years on the forums. And I'd like to thank all of you who, although disagree with my positions on all kinds of things, never flame my beliefs or my n00b-ish-ness, and treat me with the utmost respect. :D

...props to MSI for donating a mobo with a PII 450 to my youngest's system(P60 current), very generous of you my friend, and to all the members in here with the patience to help people like me(who tends to ramble on at times), and normal people too... :attn:

I'ma thank Chris_F, who tracked my down to help me with making bootable CD's.

Thanks to all of the above for saying thanks to those that helped.
And thanks to all that humor the newcomers and point them in the right direction when it comes to advice and behavior.
And thanks to all the people that know all of the crap that I don't for bothering to share their knowledge with the rest of us.

Yeah, I too have so many people to thank that it would be impossible to list. Well, just for recent things, I would have to go with the following:

archilochus: For his "Modding Xaser III" thread over in the Cooling section, I cant believe how large it is, it's almost a forum in and of itself. But he has stuck with it this whole time, and whenever anyone posts a question there, he is always the first one to respond and point you in the right direction.

Greenman100: For helping me with a lot of Water Cooling questions I had, and answering them over AIM. Also, that shroud he made is really great, it looks awsome too! Thanks man!

And Finally...

Cathar: for being so great to the world-wide watercooling community, and putting up with all our questions and stuff when he was trying to get those Storm G4 blocks shipped. I cant imagine how many people asked you "DID MY BLOCK SHIP YET??!!", and how much sleep you lost over us pestering you, but you have all of our thanks for being such an asset to an ever growing community. Once again, thank you.

soja
single-handedly taught me (most) everything i know about wcing, block design, evap cooling and all sorts of other stuff.

dealt with me annoying him for days at a time with thousands of questions and other stuff.

Crimedog for sending me a BIOS chip all the way to Israel free of charge and even flashing it with the latest BIOS version.
Thanks a bunch.

All the people for helping me with the case window cutting.

Only person I can name individually right now is orionlion82, for pointing me here and helping me out with decisions for my own rig, construction to begin soon. If I hadn't found the forums, this build of mine would probably still be in the planning stage.

Thanks also to everyone who answered the threads I started (n00bish questions and all :D ) with excellent advice, ideas, etc.

Back