• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In the beginning....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
cw823 said:
:argue: :bang head David......I'm crushed.

Oops... I knew when I re-ordered the list I had forgotten someone ... :eek:

I'll fix it, but have a :beer: on me as an apology :(

squasher said:
Whoa!! cw823 is the first pre 2001 member I have seen!
I feel sad for having missed out on so much being a wee laddie.

I first logged on to these forums in 97 or 98...can't remember which. Was one of the first 12-18 SENIORS as well. The good ole days!

:)

I think I registered the first day I came to the forums. I had just learned that I can boost the speed of my computer by about 50% by just changing one setting in bios a bit earlier, and looking for help with an upgrade!

I was really lucky by todays standards. :)

I thought that 2001 was when the forums were redone (you know how you have to change the url in old threads) so everyone had to re-join or something. But I now know the truth.
Is there still a senior member/mod/admin section?
cuz that would be like a secret ninja forum and coolness like that.

squasher said:
I thought that 2001 was when the forums were redone (you know how you have to change the url in old threads) so everyone had to re-join or something. But I now know the truth.
Is there still a senior member/mod/admin section?
cuz that would be like a secret ninja forum and coolness like that.

I think we changed to vb December 2000? We do have a Blue Room, as well as Green Room. For super secret discussion! (Actually, just a place to unwind)

cw823 said:
I think we changed to vb December 2000? We do have a Blue Room, as well as Green Room. For super secret discussion! (Actually, just a place to unwind)

Yep. First or 2nd week of Dec. 2000. I stumbled in the door the 3rd week, and registered on the 28th. There were still numerous "active" threads concerning issues from the changeover being posted in when I joined.

I heard rumours of a "Red Room", but I think it was abandoned and removed by the time LutaWicasa and I were promoted high enough to have access to it.

You mean something like CTRL-ALT-DELETE's Winter-een-mas?

What would we call it???

winter-een-mas ROCKS!!! and so does the comic..hehe

So we got the gamer season..how about an oc season about mid-november when it gets chilly outside?

yeah...

didn't know ppl at these forums read CADComic haha

Lucas?

Lucas??

**looks under Lilah's shirt** Lucas??

**smack**

rofl

One of the best is the one when Scott gets introduced:

Ethan: 'blablabla'
Scott: 'Hey guys, whats up?'
Author: 'Who are you?'
Ethan: 'Yeah, what he said'

And the comic just after that when Ethan says 'Stop that or i'll throw something heavy at you' :D

Getting OT..any CAD involved in the early forums? ;)

cw823 said:
We changed to UBB then, and then to VB in Augustish later that year, with a full transfer of the existing member and post databases. ;)

Order on a couple of things is a bit off (Shadow, Mr B, Newbie Doo, SpeeDj, Hoot were all mods before Daniel~ left). The change in 2001 was from UBB to VB, the primative beginnings were actually before the switch to UBB, but all of the previous forum data was purged with that switch.

Basically right on the timeline other than that, though, especially given the format used doesn't allow for the most specificity. ;)

Back