• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member Welcome Mat !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi guys,

I didnt find this thread at first so I just started posting, I love how people are willing to help out and offer advice to a relative noob like me

cheers!

Gotta lot to catch up on......

I've been out of overclocking for a while. Started on an Athlon 1700+....moved to a Barton mobile.....now have a Prescott 3.0. Currently running 3.44....had higher but can't keep this sucker cool. I'm going water cooling and that is what led me here.

Looks like a great site...lots of useful info without a lot of bullsh**. I'm glad to be on board...hope I can catch up enough to be some help to someone.

:eek:Dual Cores? Quads? I feel like a noob again.....

DoubleB

Greets people! Just checking in :)

New to Overclocking & Water cooling... But plans are being made for both.. lol. Hope to get some excellent advice :beer:

Targa5150

newbie here too, just thought i'd say hello and that i've registered here to seek advice for my upcoming build. i've got some parts picked out but need help picking some others, this place is always on the top of google results when i search for information about parts i'm considering.

my current rig is a lowly:
3.4 Preshott @3.9 stable (socket 478)
3GB Corsair XMS DDR400 @460 with 'relaxed' timings
ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe
BFG 6800 Ultra OC @ 425mhz gpu/2200mhz memory (stable)
Koolance (antec case) cooling system thats closing in on 5 years old and going strong
1x120GB Raid1 booting array (diamond max9 drives)
1x550GB Raid0 storage array for games,etc (diamond max10 drives)

i've added a few fans here or there, snipped and trimmed the case in a few places, and found a very funky airflow setup that seems to work nicely. i like to DIY alot of my stuff and for my new build i'd like to go from the ground up and make the watercooling system all my own and go a bit overkill with it so that i'm set for a few years to come.

i'll try to search and not be a big noob :)

Welcome bitter! I hope your experience here is more "bitte" than "bitter" :p

We like newbies, everybody started out as one. :)

i'm not new to the internet, just new here. im a long time member on some car forums, i'm a mechanic by trade but i like computers. i used to be alot more up on what was what with PC parts, however i've fallen behind. i'm only 23 but i remember back when a heatsink was unheard of, 1mb of vram was insane, and 100mhz was fast. my current rig a little antiquated now and gets its *** handed to it by even my GF's new E2140 based system with a mild overclock. her per iteration time in prime95 is a good 2/1000ths of a second faster (shes seeing .076, im seeing .093). a sub $100 cpu is kicking my *** :bang head and her pc is benching alot higher in Doom3 and UT2K4, however i blame OS differences there, Ubuntu is a little lighter than my old XP install. i know her 7600GT and [email protected] wouldnt be getting 85fps in Doom3 timedemo on windows.

Meh, What the heck, I'll introduce myself. RL name is Ray, been a member for about a week now. I've got some big dreams of an extremely OC'd rig in my near future, i.e. Q6600 on a 780i pushing as much speed as i can get out of it ;p Looking forward to participating...

Just ducking in to say hello. One HELL of a forum here! I've spent the last two weeks doing what a proper n00b should do - READ READ READ! :) Man, there's so much info here, I'm pretty overwhelmed!

As you can see by my sig, it's past time to upgrade. We're trying to save a little bit of money on this build (tax time and all), and so far, I've made two purchases that I'm really proud of - the HP RAM deal for $2.99 per stick after rebate, and I got the E6600 from my local Frys for $70. :) It's not the latest and greatest equipment, but it will hopefully keep me happy for a few more years. This will also be my first trip into overclocking, and after reading up a good bit, I feel comfortable with my equipment choices and we'll see what the future holds.

Thanks for the great forum, guys.

Hello dan! :welcome: Are you related to dawgdoc by any chance? :p

All you dawgs should join the performance computing and benchmarking team (Deanzo is the man to contact for details!) and represent ocforums! :)

No relation, but judging from his projects, he's way ahead of the OC game than I am. :) I'll have to check out the benchmarking stuff when I have a machine that will benchmark better than something circa 2002. ;)

Back