• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Celebrating Decades in the OCF Family - 10 and 20 Year Member Badge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The old old old guys are getting there badge first. Im not far behind the old people :)

*Edit.

Freaking Sad. Everyone is either Blue or Green lmao

*I guess I did not post enough nonsense to get myself noticed :)

Not everyone :D

Thanks for the badge, was wondering what's up. :)

that pic has me thinking of my old pentium 2 350 that ran like a raped ape and never skipped a step lol
man that thing seemed so fast back then with win 98 all tweaked haha
with my voodoo 3 card in it man I miss that system I eventually wore it out

anyway congrats to those who have the badge I might have one if I would have signed up when I first started coming here lol

The "original" forum servers...photo taken in Skip's basement in 2002 (I have plenty more, but I don't want to post faces without permission).

They actually may be second generation. I joined the original forums in April of 1998, so 4 years is enough time to change hardware a time or two. Enjoy :)

Awesome pic Jon. :) You did include someone's toes in the top right without permission though!

By the way, I'm doing some work with ABestWeb.com. If you may be interested in any tips from some experienced folks for thehtpc.com, that crew knows a good bit about affiliate marketing. :thup:

Awesome pic Jon. :) You did include someone's toes in the top right without permission though!

By the way, I'm doing some work with ABestWeb.com. If you may be interested in any tips from some experienced folks for thehtpc.com, that crew knows a good bit about affiliate marketing. :thup:

Certainly will check them out...thanks! :)

Grats guys, you definitely earned it man the memories I have of this place and some of the gatherings we used to have.

J :cool:

Grats guys, you definitely earned it man the memories I have of this place and some of the gatherings we used to have.

J :cool:

Woah, SpeeDJ! Havent seen you since my I was under my old forum name (Walter:) ), I think. What happened to your stars? :sly:

Jon, what box is Athlon MP SMP box we bought skip?
I remember a whole wack of us put in 25 bucks for that server.
Just dont remember seeing any pics of it

Not sure when it started....
Best idea i can give you about when i joined is this.

I had a LX board and a P2 333 from HP
With the help of you guys I got this amassing new chipset called an i440BX
and had a nice 420Mhz (105x4).
Was lucky as i had an downwards unlocked CPU.

Now if memory servers correct Intel fully locked them in Aug of 98....

So i am guessing I showed up in the Spring of 98 as the BX was just about to come out.
And did i ever love the BX boards.

My Abit BF6 took me from 333MHz all the way to 1485Mhz (135x11)

Heh I was here for quite some time myself just did not join until 2002.(kind of bashful still am check my post count):sn:

I remember these boards when they came out w/ the i440bx chipsets great
little overclockers and I believe the first time I ever overclocked in windows was w/ setfsb on one of these w/ windows 98. I miss the Socket 370 and 7's brings back a lot of fun memories :D

PS: more to follow I will post some of pic's on some of my mint relics.(I always save the boxes)

This is where it all started ground zero for me, my first MB ever Expert XP386L w/ a whopping i386dx @ 25mhz :rofl:(picture below). Was given to me by my parental units back in about 1994. Then around 1997 I was given the second hand me down computer a 66 mhz 486 system my first overclock ensued shortly from knowledge obtained here and hardware central. After getting bored w/ the Intel chip I purchased a Kingston TurboChip TC5X86/133 and a ATI Rage pro which was pretty expensive at the time of purchase. Served me for years playing Doom Delta Force and others:p until I Purchase a Duron 900 System w/ a ATi 8500le in 2002 to play better games.
Enjoy :bday:

...Just noticed the badge under my name today. :rofl:

...Ive been a member of these forums longer than any other forums...ever.
...think I was about 16 when I first found them,and later joined at 17, while I had a Cyrix 266mhz, and from there to a K6-2, to a SlotA and then Socket A for a long time.

img20110417213236.jpg

Ive been looking for the instructions to that GFD for awhile now, and the socket A is an AXIA. :D

Angry your post reminds me of how it went for me

233mhz cyrix then k62 then an 600 emonster lol by emachines that thing lasted 9 years with original hardware including the psu.

In the last ten years? 2001 I think I had moved oue of the K6/3DFX phase to the 462/ATI phase. Crap what was I runnin? I have been running networked PC's at home since the early 90's for gaming and that has evolved into streaming.

What was my point? I have a collection of procs that I was going to make wind chimes out of.

Hey you ol'timers. Remember jumpers? Congrats to the forum and the decenial alumni!:salute:

Attachments

• 486dx100cu1a.jpg
    486dx100cu1a.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 558
  • 486dx100jumper1f.jpg
    486dx100jumper1f.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 547
Last edited:
Back