• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Advice about Power supply and Overclocking I5 3470

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlexPunk21

Registered
i've got: i5 3470 3.2Ghz,P8 H61-MLX3 Plus 2.0 Motherboard,Asus Nvidia GTX 650 1GB,4GB ram,500GB HDD.Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.
i don't know how much Power Supply my pc have got maybe 450W and i'd like how much is enough for gaming.
I'd like to overclock my PC a bit if it is possible.Thanks ! :)

i've got: i5 3470 3.2Ghz,P8 H61-MLX3 Plus 2.0 Motherboard,Asus Nvidia GTX 650 1GB,4GB ram,500GB HDD.Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.
i don't know how much Power Supply my pc have got maybe 450W and i'd like how much is enough for gaming.
I'd like to overclock my PC a bit if it is possible.Thanks ! :)

Alex,

I moved this to the Intel forum and modified your title. You should get better responses here.

Much depends on the maker of your power supply, do you know what brand it is? A decent 450W should handle what you want to do if your motherboard has overclocking capabilities.

A 450W PSU is plenty, but the brand is critical to know if its good or not.

That said, you don't have a chip that overclocks (locked) nor a motherboard that allows it. So I do not think overclocking (at least past the turbo multipliers) is in the cards in the first place.

it's ITD 450W (P4-450W) i think, i am almost sure, there is no much 450w PSUs on sale in my country tho. thanks for quick response ^^

A 450W PSU is plenty, but the brand is critical to know if its good or not.

That said, you don't have a chip that overclocks (locked) nor a motherboard that allows it. So I do not think overclocking (at least past the turbo multipliers) is in the cards in the first place.

Looks like he has the "H" chipset.

IIRC there is no options for OC'ing the CPU whatsoever. :(

I can't seem to find that PSU on the internet, did it come with the case? How old is it?

actually i've build PC instead of buying it in the shop, Not pretty old 1 years only. and the last question i've changed from i3 3210 to i5 3470 will i be able to notice changes? I apologize for weird question i haven't tried it out yet and thanks :D

actually i've build PC instead of buying it in the shop, Not pretty old 1 years only. and the last question i've changed from i3 3210 to i5 3470 will i be able to notice changes? I apologize for weird question i haven't tried it out yet and thanks :D

Performance wise? In games yeah. The I5's are prefect for them.

Kinda depends on what you do with one, but you'll notice it.

Back