• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Beware of Corsair online store

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peanutbudder

Let me start by saying that I really like Corsair products and most of the components I use are Corsair. They have great quality products that have what appears to be a good reputation with RMA's and technical support, although I have never used them. The online store just plain sucks because they say something is in stock even though it isn't.

My Problem:

I ordered a sleeved cable kit and 24pin ATX cable on February 12, 2014. I did receive my sleeved kit approximately one week after ordering but my 24pin is still no show. I have called every week to see how long it will be before I receive my 24pin and each time I'm told they will be getting more in next week... The frustration starts here because before I ordered the 24pin I actually called to make sure it was in stock which they confirmed it was. It is going on over a month now since I placed my order and still have not received the complete order. Also during the entire time since I placed my order the online store shows the 24pin in stock! :facepalm:

Corsair has really let me down and in the future I will not be purchasing Corsair products. I know to some this may seem silly but after three lies and a month long wait to finish my build I'm done.

Rant over

I don't think it seems silly. A bad customer service experience is a bad customer service experience. There are several popular companies that people like but I've blacklisted since they've given me the runaround. Companies need to realize it's not just making good products, it's that long term support that also keeps customers coming back.

Still haven't gotten it yet??

It's the final piece to your build (If I remember reading correctly).

Not cool corsair :(
I'd expect more from them, since I hear they are a good company.....

Let me just chime in that 3rd party resellers (tigerdirect, newegg, fry's, etc.) will almost ALWAYS be faster when it comes to sales/returns/exchanges/orders. They have the business operations in place to enable this, and is their primary strength and key focus.

Corsair = manufacturer (they shouldn't be focused on automating a webstore and dealing with returns, they should be focused on engineering new products and improving existing products with firmware, bios updates, etc.)

Anyhow, I'm slightly defending Corsair since I love their products! (also, I have RMA'd once with them and they were pretty quick). Buy their products from someone else-- simply put The newegg online store is 5,000 times more advanced than any manufacturers webstore will ever be, and it should remain that way. Plus we get better discounts by not purchasing direct. that way the manufacturers can maintain their MRP's or MSP's (retail price).

I would have bought the cables from another reseller but was unable to find the sleeved cables else where. I think what really upset me was the fact they lied about the availability of the cables from my first call. Then every time I've called since they have pushed it off another week. If they had been forthright from the get and not dishonest I would have waited it out with no worries.

I would have bought the cables from another reseller but was unable to find the sleeved cables else where. I think what really upset me was the fact they lied about the availability of the cables from my first call. Then every time I've called since they have pushed it off another week. If they had been forthright from the get and not dishonest I would have waited it out with no worries.

This is what would have bothered me the most also. I would rather they tell me we are having a problem with our suppliers getting the stuff in and we don't have it in stock and we can put you on a list and email you as soon as we receive them. Honesty will go farther with me even if I know I have to wait than to be lied to about something, which I would remember for a very long time.

Actually, prtsonally, other than those Carbide 540 cases that looked nice but I haven't a need for I haven't seen anything Corsair currently makes that I'd be interested myself.

Just me maybe, but they might be going the way of OCZ over time, but I guess they still have a large following.

To play devil's advocate here, they might not have been (probably weren't) outright lying to you intentionally for the sole purpose of deceiving you. They probably have some sort of inventory system that tells them when to expect availability, and they were just reading off a screen. Shipments to their warehouse could have been delayed, backorder, any number of things, really.. and CSRs generally aren't always aware of things like that. Certainly you have a right to be frustrated, but I wouldn't assume that they were intentionally lying to you (after all, that doesn't benefit them at all to do so).

Back