• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thoughts on this camera please?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think its a well made camera...although i have 3 things to say
1. It is a brand I've never heard of.....this doesn't mean its bad
2. Its only 3 mega pixles...if your not a professional photographer...or blowing this pics up to full page or bigger..this isnt a problem
3. it uses USB 1.1....this is also not too bad because the camera is probably slower that USB thus eleminiting any possible bottleneck...

Never heard of it either. I'd 'google' it and the manufacturer, and look for reviews before laying the smack down. You could also look for a local distributor and put your hands on. It's probably a relabeling job of another vendors product. Sometimes you can find good deals, however, who's going to support the warranty if it goes bad? check it before buying.

It looks like a peice of garbage to me. There are enough affordable cameras made by excellent brands that there is no reason to be interested in this. Maybe for half the money, but $200 is too much.

This is just one of many examples: http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=canpowa60&store=&catid=4024

3 megapixels of badly exposed blur is worthless
a good 2 megapixels is priceless (enlarges to about 8x10 size with no visible pixelation)

Last edited:
I agree with Ugmore Baggage, there are a lot of quality manufacturers to choose a model from that will fit your needs and hopefully your budget. Dont let the price vs specs blur your decision. Like mentioned, theres a lot more important things than straight up specs, ie the ccd chip itself and the lens, if either of them are crappy, well you can have a 10mpix camera, but the images will still be a joke. You get the point, i didnt really pay much attention to that site cuz right off bat the camera looked shady, but id also like to add that the 16mb of memory are built, so i take it you cannot add more. And let me tell you 16mb is NOTHING. secondly, i noticed the site mentioned that the camera was capable of interpolating shots into 5mp, omg what the heck is this. this ought to be a sure sign to stay away. i would imagine they are trying to use this as a marketing tool to those who arent to familiar with cameras, as in reality, you would never use such a feature. the quality would be a joke, to allow the processor to expand the image by digital zoom so to speak. ive never heard of any big name manufacturer even offer such a feature.

Also, imo, if your looking in this price range, then definately go canon, specifically that A60 mentioned. Or an A70 came out not too long ago if im not mistaken. Great camera with a lot of controllable features that you find on much more expensive cameras.

Back