• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thinking about getting peltier...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kamel

hello. just wondering if anyone uses peltier TEC's with air cooling or not. i heard that condensation was a problem, is there anything you can do to fight that off? and.. how big of a pain do you think it would be?

i think my cooling is very sufficiant, but i feel with a peltier it could be much more efficiant.

what are your thoughts about me getting one? i was thinking if i got one i would go for a weak one so that the peltier effect wouldn't be huge, keeping it managable for my air cooling.

i'm also going to be getting 4 57cfm fans, 2 intake 2 exhaust in my case, so the air flow will probably be plenty to accomidate taking the extra heat that it will generate.

It won't be worth it. In order to get really cold on one side you have to remove heat effectively from the opposite side. You'll not be able to do this with enough effectiveness to make any real difference in CPU temps. They are kind of fun to play with though. :)

there's no way you'd be able to effectively cool the hotside of a pelt on your cpu with air.
at that speed and vcore, your cpu will be putting out about 80watts of heat, therefore you'd need at least a 110watt peltier to even keep up with the cpu. the heat generated by such a setup would be far too much for an air cooler.

Back