• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member Welcome Mat !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Since this is for new members, may I ask what the stars are? I see some low postcount/high starred members, but others have few stars and a lot of posts. And then some are colored.

Hello bubbleawsome and :welcome: to the forums! Star information can be found here, but it is as follows:

Member stars are as follows:
  • 0 - 9 posts: 0 Stars
  • 10 - 49 posts: 1 Yellow Star: New Member
  • 50 - 99 posts: 2 Yellow Stars: New Member
  • 100 - 249 posts: 3 Orange Stars: Member
  • 250 - 499 posts: 4 Orange Stars: Member
  • 500 - 749 posts: 5 Orange Stars: Member
  • 750 - 999 posts: 6 Orange Stars: Member
  • 1000 - 1999 posts: 7 Orange Stars: Member
  • 2000 - 3999 posts: 8 Orange Stars: Member
  • 4000 or more posts: 9 Orange Stars: Member
Membership Structure

• Administrators oversee the forum as a whole, make structural changes to the forum layout, and are responsible for setting forum policy. They also have some limited ability to make technical changes to the site.
  • iNet Interactive own and run the site on a technical level, organise and vet advertisements and pay the bills. OCForums is owned by iNet Interactive but policy is set and maintained by the Administrators.
  • Moderators enforce the forum rules, ensure threads are in the correct location and help members make the most of the forums. All Moderators are Super Moderators and can manipulate threads in any area of the forums.
  • Senior Members are knowledgable, experienced and level headed members who have contributed greatly to the forums. These members have no moderating authority but are an important part of the forum staff - they are the link between the members and the moderators. If you would like to nominate an outstanding member to be considered for promotion to senior please contact any moderator or administrator with who and why.
  • Members are the lifeblood of the forums and make up the majority of forum users.
  • Overclockers.com Content Editors are the content engine for the Overclockers.com blog. They identify content on the forums, contact members to encourage them to produce articles for the blog, and help out with editing and preparing articles prior to publishing.
  • New Members are the latest addition to the forums. Welcome!

There may also be some special ones, such as trash cans, monkeys, red/white/blue stars, or pink stars, but those are custom set for special people. :)

:welcome: everyone to OCF! :thup: :thup:
(Sorry I fell behind in this thread)

Trashcans are cool, I sported them for a while :p

Hello bubbleawsome and :welcome: to the forums! Star information can be found here, but it is as follows:

Member stars are as follows:
  • 0 - 9 posts: 0 Stars
  • 10 - 49 posts: 1 Yellow Star: New Member
  • 50 - 99 posts: 2 Yellow Stars: New Member
  • 100 - 249 posts: 3 Orange Stars: Member
  • 250 - 499 posts: 4 Orange Stars: Member
  • 500 - 749 posts: 5 Orange Stars: Member
  • 750 - 999 posts: 6 Orange Stars: Member
  • 1000 - 1999 posts: 7 Orange Stars: Member
  • 2000 - 3999 posts: 8 Orange Stars: Member
  • 4000 or more posts: 9 Orange Stars: Member
Membership Structure

• Administrators oversee the forum as a whole, make structural changes to the forum layout, and are responsible for setting forum policy. They also have some limited ability to make technical changes to the site.
  • iNet Interactive own and run the site on a technical level, organise and vet advertisements and pay the bills. OCForums is owned by iNet Interactive but policy is set and maintained by the Administrators.
  • Moderators enforce the forum rules, ensure threads are in the correct location and help members make the most of the forums. All Moderators are Super Moderators and can manipulate threads in any area of the forums.
  • Senior Members are knowledgable, experienced and level headed members who have contributed greatly to the forums. These members have no moderating authority but are an important part of the forum staff - they are the link between the members and the moderators. If you would like to nominate an outstanding member to be considered for promotion to senior please contact any moderator or administrator with who and why.
  • Members are the lifeblood of the forums and make up the majority of forum users.
  • Overclockers.com Content Editors are the content engine for the Overclockers.com blog. They identify content on the forums, contact members to encourage them to produce articles for the blog, and help out with editing and preparing articles prior to publishing.
  • New Members are the latest addition to the forums. Welcome!

There may also be some special ones, such as trash cans, monkeys, red/white/blue stars, or pink stars, but those are custom set for special people. :)

I'm sorry, did you say...MONKEYS? I haven't seen that one yet LOL

Warning: First build n00b!

But you guys probably see that a lot :)

Hi There,

First-time build going on, here. I've quite an extensive background in all forms of electronics, but this is the first time I've glued-together a modern system from scratch. I've already got questions, and I figured why not go where the serious tweakers go for answers? :)

As soon as I find the right forum, I'll be asking my first n00bish question.

Jim

But you guys probably see that a lot :)

Hi There,

First-time build going on, here. I've quite an extensive background in all forms of electronics, but this is the first time I've glued-together a modern system from scratch. I've already got questions, and I figured why not go where the serious tweakers go for answers? :)

As soon as I find the right forum, I'll be asking my first n00bish question.

Jim

:welcome: jseymour to OCF! :D

Everyone was a n00b at some point :)
We are here to help :D

Welcome jseymor. Just start up a thread in the general hardware section as a new build. You'll get more advise than you'll probably want or need. P.s. Might wanna leave the glue in the drawer.

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

Blaylock: I went ahead and posted in the "Memory" forum, since the first question was explicitly memory-related.

Jim

Back