• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Broke IE8's maximize.. Help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ratbuddy

I was running Dosbox. When I have that window open, Vista shuts off aero and a space appears under my maximized browser window showing a single line of the desktop. Don't know why, and don't care, it only happens when both Dosbox and IE are open at the same time.

Today I made the mistake of closing Dosbox while IE8 was still open, then closing the browser. The extra line isn't going away now. It's at the bottom between the status bar and taskbar. Tried every conceivable combination of opening, closing, maximizing, etc, nothing helps. Is there a registry section that controls maximized behavior or something? :bang head

Help??

Attachments

• stupidIE.jpg
    stupidIE.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 112
Open IE, maximize it, unlock the task bar, move it up as far as it'll go. Thank Jmtyra :p Move the task bar back to where it was previously.

Did the extra line go away?

Back