• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to Ram overclock Need some advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rdizz

Registered
Hey guys. So i decided to OC my ram.

Systems specs are as follows.

Asus Z97-Pro
i7 4790k
G.Skill 16gb Tridents (DDR3-2400 CL10-12-12-31 PC3-19200)
GTX 780Ti
EVGA G2 850 Gold 80+
Corsair H110 Cooler

Was wondering what i should input into bios to achieve what they were designed to do?

any thoughts on this?

**actually let me rephrase this, not really trying to overclock just get what it was meant to do**

Is this something where i just manually input those timings? to get 2400mhz?

Not sure what you are asking. If you enable XMP profile it should set them up to 2400 CL10. Which is what they were designed to do.

Not sure what you are asking. If you enable XMP profile it should set them up to 2400 CL10. Which is what they were designed to do.

I guess this is exactly what i am asking. Sorry for being so vague, posting form my phone incognito from work rofl!...

So i should be able to go into bios and just "enable XMP" to achieve 2400?

UNless you're coming from an AMD setup. We had the AMP profile for a year or two and it dissappeared. We're always stuck setting ram manually.

Kingston is even simplier in the last series like Fury. You set everything at auto and it's working like it should ;) ... no XMP , only high SPD profile.

Back