• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case Mod Gallery

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah, those pics were taken at different times in the project, so that's why it only shows up there. i'm pretty sure i got it from SVC.com but it looks like they dont carry them , or it might have been case-mod.com but they dont carry them anymore either... yeah, i liked it a lot, i got it as soon as i saw it online.

new9700hsf.jpg

front.jpg

rearfan.jpg

top.jpg

Before:

final5.jpg

After:

black1.jpg

Yes, that's a rubberband holding that side of the fan :D

vgafan1.jpg

Without side panel:

airflow1.jpg

The only things I've done to the case are:
-Painted the drive bezels black
-Loomed the front USB/power LED wires
-Added a case fan to the front (inside the green housing)
-iCeberq 4 Pro fan w/blue LEDs on the video card.

I'm trying to get a blue/green theme going which means I may have to get rid of the blue/orang/red LED fans that came w/the case.

Last edited:
looks pretty durn sweet, pscdoc. that is just a monster looking case, and the blue looks good. ever consider adding touches of another color... like red?

Well, it isnt a jet engine even with all the fans blowing in full capacity, bu it isnt quite. But when the fans are at minimal speed for just daily use and web surfing it is very quite. I only turn the fans up full throttle for gaming and benching. Having a combination of water and fans works the best in my opinion.

Dutch3men, you might want to consider placing your pump in a differnt place if it will fit anywhere else. There it is pretty high up and takes a lot mroe tubing... it might reduce preformance (maybe not though too),

Heres my case that my borther built me last x-mass

sideon.jpg

whole.jpg

inside.jpg

fullside.jpg

I have started planning my next case as we learned a lot when building this case. The Next one should rule, im still not sure to switch to water cooling.....

Well here it is, all 70 pounds of it. The details are in my sig. Basically all I have modded is: I sleeved the entire PS, I tried to hide most of the wires (fan, cathode, power), Zalman NB HS, Zalman CNPS7000-CU modded with TT Smart Fan II, and I have two cathode color schemes for different moods. I have UV/Black to show off all of the UV reactive stuff inside, and blue to shed a little light on everything else.

pc9.JPG

pc8.JPG

pc5.JPG

pc3.JPG

hs1.JPG

Last edited:
Well one reason is the case alone, which is 45lbs empty. Also keep in mind that I have a 2lb HS, 6 hard drives, CDRW, DVD-ROM, 7 case fans, a heavy power supply, and a bunch of cables. Thats mostly it.

MVC-017F.JPG

Vantec Nexus Rheobus there, and coverless floppy drive ripped from an old E-Machine. You can also see where I mounted the switch for the blacklight, it's off to the side because I plan on getting some more CCFL

MVC-013F.JPG

I'm one of the few who have done this I guess, but that's a blue LED in this molex going to my harddrive. Looks nice and lights up the case nicely when the UV stuff isn't on. I just need to do it 2 more times for my CD-Rom drives up at the top.

MVC-021F.JPG

I'm ordering some cable sleeves from SVC in a few days or so, so this is as neat as my wires are going to get until then.

MVC-018F.JPG

Yet again my camera doesn't do justice, but I'm sure most of you have seen a UV case before, so nothing new here. I plan on getting one more UV light to run down the left side to help illuminate.

MVC-019F.JPG

Close up and angled view. You can see how nicely my UV fan lights up, also going to replace my other 2 fans with these, but for now, I have just the one.

MVC-020F.JPG

At first glance it almost appear I have watercooling with UV liquid, but sadly, no I don't.

In case you were wondering, I used a 5mm instead of the recommended 3mm blue LED. I just took a sander bit on my dremel and sanded it down to fit, and wired it with a 100 ohm resistor.

good job there. ever consider applying some UV reactive paint to some parts... like pci slots... heatsink tips... etc? the rounded cables are looking good.
mod on

I've got shodan living in my computer for those of you who've played System Shock. Just added a few laser LEDS :) Does anyone know if a Vantec Nexus 201 fan controller will fit inside a Sonata behind the door? Thanks.

MySonata4b.jpg

MySonata5b.jpg

Last edited:
Back