Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.
Forum Jump

Earthlink DSL users - new lower rate

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 09-21-05, 12:26 PM Thread Starter   #1
lazyman
Registered

Earthlink DSL users - new lower rate

Is it acceptable to charge customer over the current rate?

The answer is yes for Earthlink DSL service. Earthlink in the U.S. is charging their existing loyal customers 25% higher. The lower monthly rated has been in effective for quite sometimes; and Earthlink continues to charge customers the old rate of $49.99 per month instead of $39.99.

Earthlink issues monthly product service bulletins and never notified customers under the old rate any advice to get the lower new rate. Bear in mind, there is nothing to lose except $10 per month for customers to switch to the new rate.

When I contacted Earthlink, I was greeted by a 20-minute wait followed by a customer service rep replying to the question I raised, “I will be glad to switch you the new lower monthly rate”. How do I feel about this exciting “acceptance” to the lower rate? ****ed! Not because of just $10 saving a month but more so because I did not believe it is the way to treat your current customers by ripping them off.

So, if you are customers of Earthlink in the U.S. and have been a loyal customers for over two years, chances of you being ripped off in paying 25% more on your monthly DSL service is relatively high.

I believe Earthlink should reimburse their customers the excess charges they have collected and apologize for their improper/greedy business conduct.

Please relate this to your readers so that they too, can stop throwing their hard earned money out the window to Earthlink.
lazyman is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-22-05, 09:21 PM   #2
Spacepiston

funny, but hardly a cyberdeal

Intel P4 3.0e@3.6ghz 1.525vcore | Abit AI7@240fsb | Eheim1250>Hcore>Maze3 | 120GB Maxtor Sata Raid | Nvidia 6800 Ultra 440/1150 Kingmax 512x4 | 2-3-3-6 3:2 w/3.2v ctiaw: 5600
Spacepiston is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-23-05, 12:14 AM   #3
Renigade

Ah... welcome to the world of telco. I am a Qwest sales subagent and I spend 90% of my time calling customers who are paying up the rear for nothing at all (cuz I get paid to! =D). I saved a big radio station in Phoenix $2600/mo just by putting them on the latest rates. No actual employees ever volunteer this information, it's crazy!
Renigade is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-23-05, 07:18 AM   #4
matgallis
Registered

.... time to get ****ed.. How long has this been in effect?
matgallis is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-23-05, 10:00 AM   #5
cw823
Honeybadger Moderator

10 Year Badge

I have no idea how this could be a cyberdeal

honeybadger moderator smacks the **** out of people that cause issues in the classified section

Heatware: cw823
Paypal: paypal @ cw823 dot com

Adak - My spreader bar was shaped using a pair of vise grips, a hammer, and the tow receiver on my pick up

Support your forum:
http://www.newegg.com/
cw823 is offline Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.