• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win XP Pro ACTIVATION ?!?!?!?!?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine has been on for over 2 months and it didnt ask me to register or activate. I have a friend that owns a computer store and he sold this to me at cost. I just dont register anything I buy and dont feellike starting. I've just read that in a couple of Magazines and was wondering why mine didn't do it.

Reverend said:
Mine has been on for over 2 months and it didnt ask me to register or activate. I have a friend that owns a computer store and he sold this to me at cost. I just dont register anything I buy and dont feellike starting. I've just read that in a couple of Magazines and was wondering why mine didn't do it.

"Hacked"!!!

N'ah when I get my scanner going (week or two) I will scan an article that came with a PC mag written by Microsoft (booklet) all about XP, and in the small print it mentions that Windows Activation is only for Home edition.
I WILL POST IS as soon as my new PC arrives!

nick_cw said:

"Hacked"!!!

N'ah when I get my scanner going (week or two) I will scan an article that came with a PC mag written by Microsoft (booklet) all about XP, and in the small print it mentions that Windows Activation is only for Home edition.
I WILL POST IS as soon as my new PC arrives!

UK version is different from US version.

i have xp pro and i still have actiivate it. otherwise, it won't let me in the desktop.

yes pro DOES need to be activated ,you may have the corporate version which is the same professional version but its for corporate situations for example'if you were a business,and you have 20 computers ,you dont want to have to activate all 20! so this way you PAY MORE like purchasing lisences and then you can do without the activation PAIN that is in the other 2 home and pro.
there is an even higher version also called "windows xp professional SELECT! thats for the BIG businesses $$$$$$$$$$

but like some1 ealse said b4,you must have this version or a miss printed or packed pro that is actually corp!
lucky b*sta*d!

nick_cw said:
Remember its only for the Professional Version, the Home version HAS to be Activated.

Actually, I just installed XP Pro on a friends laptop. And it also has 30 days to register. The only one without that step is the Corporate version. Wich I recomend.:)

nick_cw said:
Liquid Nitrogen cooled 486 DX @ 2.5Ghz!
I would like some info on that!!!!LOL:D

1MHZ IBM @ 10GHZ would be nice!!!!

Heh!
Long live the 486!
Yeah, I've had some discussion over that, and we decided we are going to use Liquid Nitrogen rather than Hydrogen as to not blow ourselves up:D

nick_cw said:
Mine doesn't even have the Activate Windows box!!!! Or even mention it!!! Guess they gave me the Enterprise one!

Hell YEah!

Then it's gotta be a corporate version. They probably just gave you a wrong oem# on accident.

If you don't activate winxp after 30 days it will run 50 minutes then restart regardless of what you do. Where I work we have two stations that are demo stations for employees to get use to winxp. When they were setup nobody bothered to activate them and they just keep rebooting every 50 minutes.

trapper said:

*Removed
,Smizack

"FEED THE NEEDY NOT THE GREEDY" (steve ignorant)

Well... I'm no moderator, but that sounds like warez talk to me!:D

But really, "extracting the urine"??
They are just a company making money like any other. And I'm gonna stop now because this is sounding like a debate! ;)

Last edited:
trapper you need to edit or delete your post this board in no way condones warez.

The OEM version of XP does not have to be activated because it comes with the computer and the manufacturer activates it when they build it. I believe it is some how connected in with the bios an OEM machine. If you bought it from a friend who owns a computer shop he probably sold you the OEM version which again does not have to activated.

Hugo 59 said:
The OEM version of XP does not have to be activated because it comes with the computer and the manufacturer activates it when they build it. I believe it is some how connected in with the bios an OEM machine. If you bought it from a friend who owns a computer shop he probably sold you the OEM version which again does not have to activated.

I heard that you could change any hardware in the comp without need for a reactivation, as long as the Mobo is the same (with the OEM version). So if you change the mobo, you'll certainly have to reactivate or buy a complete version of XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back