• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

removing Windows 7 Pen and touch "feature"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soundfx4

I've a wacom tablet that I use for photo shopping and such, and windows 7's built in pen and touch/tablet crap is something that I just flat out want gone. I've used the "Turn Windows features on or off" function and unclicked the pen and tablet crap, but it still seams to be there and I can still change it's settings. Is there anyway to just get rid of it all? I don't want or need this and it's interfered with my wacom settings before :-\ anyone know how to do this?

P.S. I've also disabled the service but the options in control panel still exist and irritate me. Perhaps I'm being OCD, but I'd feel much better if pen and touch was gone completely and utterly :p

Thanks!

Msconfig from the run box has a tablet pc entry in services which can be unchecked.
NullLogics windows service commander can actually delete this entry which will make it completely unavailable until you reinstall. I learned this by deleting fax and then could not ever find it again til after I did another clean install.
The service commander has an optional column for the path of the service.
Tablet's is
c:/windows/system32/svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
By deleting this service entry I can almost guarantee the service will be GONE.

Back