• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW VIRI VARIANTS (as yet undetectable)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trapper

picked this up,
and..................
as the amount of ppl who surf the web with no security keeps on surprising me here is the lastest(some oldies "well" re-written!)that will come into your pc through an e-mail PREVIEW in outlook / outlook xpress

U DO NOT NEED TO OPEN THE ATTACHMENTS!!!!!

the titles of the emails are:
1) buddylst.exe
2) calcul8r.exe
3) deathpr.exe
4) einstein.exe
5) happ.exe
6) girls.exe
7) happy99.exe
8) japanese.exe
9) keypress.exe
10) kitty.exe
11) monday.exe
12) teletubb.exe
13) The Phantom Menace
14) prettypark.exe
15) UP-GRADE INTERNET
16) perrin.exe

yes i know there are oldies their but the author of the latter script "perrin.exe" has made these new variants xtra special and there is "no"updates from ure av provider yet so be carefull guys

I've tried to keep track of the hoaxes and the real deals over the years, but there are getting to be too many to deal with, so I often check all of them out before succombing to stupidity and opening them. :D

As a side note: There aren't many new hoaxes out, at least not like in the past. I guess I'm saying beware, since all the new stuff seems to be some pretty nasty "Real Deals". ;)

BTW............
even though this is a hoax e-mail the virii listed aint hoaxes bye any means of the word ,,,,,
its only a hassle realistically if you use any form of OUTLOOK /OUTLOOK EXPRESS as most of the fresher in the wild viri - and the scripts, execute in the e-mail preview YOU DONT NEED TO OPEN THE E-MAIL "JUST PREVIEW IT" and i am never done trying to emphasise this eneough 2 ppl i do work for.

I have done 5 virus disinfections more per week in the last couple of month and the users are 99% ppl who have been on line for years with no AV or F/wall 'nothing' (thats scary to me anyway) so i think its forcing an issue where all the weak comps online are getting put smart with an infection , as a good virus usually tobers up most ppl and let them know that "unfortunatlry the internet is not a safe place , it can be safe depends on how you go about it but no matter what we do there will "always" be ppl who get pleasure from wreckless use of computers just make sure you have good defences

check this out and test your pc's level of security for nowt
[www.grc.com]

Back