• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scan to PDF programs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadowdr

I would like to add .PDF as a file that can be saved by 7"s fax and scan function but failing that, I am looking for a program that can scan multiple images from my scanner and save them in a PDF format as a single file so that I can attach files to my e-mail. My All in One HP printer had programs that did just that in XP but they will not install in 7. I am still dual booting to XP to do this but since MS updates have slowed XP to a crawl I would just like to nuke it and go on with just 7. I tried using Cutepdf but it will only save each scan as a seperate file and I may have 20 or more individual scans for a single item. I would like freeware but I am willing to pay for a software that is not to high. I could buy another All in one but I don't want to give HP more money because they won't support the one I have now. Thanks for any advice.

Does Microsoft Word offer this feature, I am guessing not but WordPerfect saves anything into pdf, including scans made directly from WordPerfect.

i don't know of any programs but my canon mp620 does it automatically as part of it's function, so i don't know if you can or not but maybe cannon has some software on their site that would allow that.

Thgank's guys.
I have Office but as far as I can tell it won't scan. It does save to PDF from any format that is imported but they must be on the drive already.
It is just a function of software but most will only work using their own printer/scanner. I have found other HP software and installed but without the same model# it will not allow me to scan.
I will have a look at Vuescan, right now I am using Sofit ScantoPDF but it does not have OCR software included in the 29.00 price. Adding it takes the price up to 379.00 and for that I can buy a high speed scanner with software.
I cannot really blame MS for this as they at least wrote the drivers for the printer, but HP has really gone to crap by disabling software installation for an OS other then XP.

I would like to add .PDF as a file that can be saved by 7"s fax and scan function but failing that, I am looking for a program that can scan multiple images from my scanner and save them in a PDF format as a single file so that I can attach files to my e-mail. My All in One HP printer had programs that did just that in XP but they will not install in 7. I am still dual booting to XP to do this but since MS updates have slowed XP to a crawl I would just like to nuke it and go on with just 7. I tried using Cutepdf but it will only save each scan as a seperate file and I may have 20 or more individual scans for a single item. I would like freeware but I am willing to pay for a software that is not to high. I could buy another All in one but I don't want to give HP more money because they won't support the one I have now. Thanks for any advice.

Can't... ANY program do that?

I mean the program that came with my scanner can do it, acrobat can do it, office can do it, photoshop can do it... I can't think of a program that CAN'T do it... (especially provided you have Acrobat Pro or Foxit installed.)

Can't... ANY program do that?

I mean the program that came with my scanner can do it, acrobat can do it, office can do it, photoshop can do it... I can't think of a program that CAN'T do it... (especially provided you have Acrobat Pro or Foxit installed.)
No, not really. it may be that the manufacturers software adds the scanner as a location to open but without it, Office won't see the location, Adobe will if I pay it to but not for free. Without Windows fax and scan I can't even acess the scan because the physical buttons on the scanner don't work without HP software, everything sees a printer but not a scanner.

the program that i use to create PDF files is called bullzip:
http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php

basically it adds a virtual printer that when you print to it, it will create a PDF so it works in any application that has printing functionality.

so it sounds like in your case, you could scan a document/picture and then "print" it using bullzip to create PDF. i am not sure if you are having issues with the scanning part or not as i couldn't tell from your post for certain.

the program that i use to create PDF files is called bullzip:
http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php

basically it adds a virtual printer that when you print to it, it will create a PDF so it works in any application that has printing functionality.

so it sounds like in your case, you could scan a document/picture and then "print" it using bullzip to create PDF. i am not sure if you are having issues with the scanning part or not as i couldn't tell from your post for certain.
Yes I was, this would fit the bill perfectly. Thanks for the link, I can still use it on my old scanner/printer. I am kinda impressed with the new one as it is completly quiet and can access the wireless router so I don't need a USB but I can't bring myself to trash a perfectly good scanner/printer as it was very expensive when I got it.

I love ocforums because of threads like this, thanks guys for suggesting this stuff.

Back