• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whole school folding!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

A while ago I said that my school was getting a bunch of new P4's. They were a bit late, but we got them. Turn out they are celly's, 2.2ghz.

Anyway, I was explaining it to my science teacher, and the next day I came in and he was explaining how we would get extra credit for running FAH. What that means, is that his 6 classes with ~25 people in them will all be folding. Im going to make a bunch of install cd's, and we are going to go around the school and borg all of the pc's in the school. Then, hes going to explain it to the other science teachers, and they are going to make their classes fold. The only problem, is that they wont be for team32. It will be a school team, and everyone's username will be their student ID. Think I may get some good WU's outa this?

Too bad they aren't folding for team 32, but that's sweet that you got it to work.

Just a thought... are your student ID's your SSNs? If so, I wouldn't use them.

BOOO....fold for team 32! LoL...just tell them you set up Team32 for your school, they'll never know.

while they aren't for 32 IS a setback, the simple fact that they are folding is enough for me to be happy.

school

Yeah, my school, sdhs, Im explaining it to my sience teachers, I think we'll start folding soon also, we have a **** load of new p4's since we just got 2 new buildings.

Re: school

Ackza said:
Yeah, my school, sdhs, Im explaining it to my sience teachers, I think we'll start folding soon also, we have a **** load of new p4's since we just got 2 new buildings.

Nice!!! Will you be folding for team 32? :eek:

Man get those schools folding for us!!! Just tell them you'll set up their rigs and chose team 32 =P

Great thing they are folding. I wish there were more that did the same and statsman wouldn't be so gray and white...

congrats on the non-team32 borgage! :D subteam....subteam....subteam....(not so subliminal messages)....subteam....subteam....subteam....

the bad thing about subteams is that you dont know who is doing what ;) (in this case, that might matter)

anyway, i think its great schools are really getting involved in the F@H project, and i really think that more could do it if people would just try... i will... one of these days

Go for the sub team, although then the teachers wont be able to monitor who is folding for them. It would be wicked cool to see a bunch of numbers as user names folding for us. Maybe scare off the competition, lol

The only problem I see with giving extra credit based on folding is some of the kids are gonna have slow computers. And the lucky few with the faster ones are gonna get all the points, in folding and in extra credit. Pretty soon the other kids are gonna call this unfair and the teacher's gonna scrap the whole idea... Also, the parents aren't going to understand why their computers have to be on all the time. They'll turn them off and say that the power bill is going to be too high.

Twisted, pessimist...

BUT GOOD LUCK!!!

I wish i could do something like that. I just dont have the guts to go do it. And the people at my school, for some reason i dont think it willl work. Im gonna work on getting their 2.X Ghz P4's folding first.

But man thats, good! It's a shame they arent folding for 32 and helping out oc with the stats, but at least they are folding :)

TwistedAnimator said:
The only problem I see with giving extra credit based on folding is some of the kids are gonna have slow computers. And the lucky few with the faster ones are gonna get all the points, in folding and in extra credit. Pretty soon the other kids are gonna call this unfair and the teacher's gonna scrap the whole idea... Also, the parents aren't going to understand why their computers have to be on all the time. They'll turn them off and say that the power bill is going to be too high.

Twisted, pessimist...

BUT GOOD LUCK!!!

well they could do it like we do the contests, its not how many wu's you hand in, just that you do hand them in :)

(1-5 a week? whatever... 1 is probably good enough imo)

Back