• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Volcano 9 Owners

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
james.miller said:
nice! well done. good temp for an xp @1800mhz. especially with a volcano9

my 1900+ isnt exactly on 1800ghz .. its 1814to be exact.
But yea .. from before V9 my temps were 50+ idle 60 fully loaded.
Big change and Im very happy:)

I have these:
Volc 7 on athlB900@3200 rpm - 43 C full load.
Volc 7 on XP1700 @ 3200 rpm - 45 C full load.
Volc 7+ on XP2100 @ 2400 rpm ,no extra fan- 50 full load and silince.

I LOVE 7+

yeh, i like it, but i dont think myreadings are accurate. sandra says 39c idle, 43 load, but the fuzzy logic program i got w/mobo (msi kt4 ultra) says 42 dle, 47 load, in need of arctic silver...

otherwis, its a good hsf...

btw, this is the ONLY cooling i have besides the 2 stock 80mm fans and it hasnt crashed,

yet.

im still testing stability...

I love the thing, except that the smart fan is loud, but what is noise to preformance, I put the fan to 3000 RPM and it is no noticable with my ps and cdrom running, so I love it. I might buy one again if they aren't replaced by the next time I build a computer.

To Puer Aeternus

Puer Aeternus:
To see a comparison of the Volcano 7, 7+, and 9 just check out the Heatsink Review link on the main page for this website. The basics is the 7+ is best followed by the 9 and after that the v7.

Kewl stuff guys. This really helps. I think I might get a volcano 9 now. My theory is that any moderate heatsink should be better than my current stock hsf and with my temps (see sig) they should continue to lower it significantly.

Keep posting more opinions!

So if I can get a better price on the TT V7+ I should go for it rather than the TT V9? coz the 7+ is a bit cheaper and might save me some precious cash... From that table I can see that the sinks are almost identical.

I had the oppertunity to buy v7+ but after talking with the tech I decided to go with v9 .. before I even applied the AS3 my temps were low to mid 40's load, then I bought the AS3 (4 bucks) and my temps went to low 30's idle and mid 30's loaded!

Good stuff!

like heatsink, dislike fan

heatsink after lapping, turned out best...fan though...sucks....even at 3000rpm it is too loud for me....but, it does the job....39' idle and 43' load @ 1700mhz....did add 2 Tt smart fans (one in front and one in rear)= 4 case fans at 4000rpm each with decent air flow....lowered system temp to 29' at idle and 30' under long load.....satisfied with temps but dissatisfied with loadness though....50/50.......

i have a V9 and I switched from the V7+, I wasn't happy with the amount of noise the 7+ made so I got rid of it, and got the next thing that looked like it would do the job, the 9.

the 9 is quieter, and does the job better then the 7 did and it's quieter. what more can I ask for?

Back