• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leaderboards Updated 10/21* Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Memory competition - Intel-AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have no clue about this bench, does it give an overall score or just the read write numbers etc? when I get time I will put up a score :thup:

I have no clue about this bench, does it give an overall score or just the read write numbers etc? when I get time I will put up a score :thup:

No overall score, but lots of granular results that, in most cases, can be used to determine who scores where. Re-read the first post its been updated.

i5 3570K @ 5.4GHz
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 1600 @ 2400

Did a bit of RAM tweaking.

Attachments

• aida.jpg
    aida.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 148
  • write.jpg
    write.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 150
  • copy.jpg
    copy.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 148
Nice results on this memory ... most newer 1600 kits can barely make 1866 or 2133. Check if you can make something like 2600 10-12-12 or 10-13-13 or 11-13-13 , latency can be worse but read bandwidth should go up.
Haswell can make higher writes but lower read than IB. In general IB has faster IMC but it's not clocking so high.

This is about as good as i can get it . I can get the latency down but not if I run the grey Bench mark only if I just run that one test .

going from 4ghz to 4.8 didn't do much

Attachments

• 4.8.png
    4.8.png
    126.9 KB · Views: 143
scores will be updated soon. The race is very tight for ||console||, Johan45 and freeagent. The read write and copy numbers are so close its hard to know exact placement. Although freeagent has toasted everyone in memory latency (44.1ns). My phenom II rig could only muster 44.8ns. Still lots of great data here to study. The quad channel memory controllers are very very strong contenders. The L2 and L3 cache latency on those intel chips is blistering. For level one cache it seems we have a tie between storm-chaser and freeagent, but I am going to go ahead and give us both a gold star for smoking all the elite I5s and I7s with our dated architecture. :D

Seems like 223FSB is as far as I can go on my Phenom II rig, I think at this point I'm maxing out my NB @ 3122Mhz. The memory probably has plenty more left in the tank, I can get it to 2000Mhz but lose on latency since I have to drop the CPU_NB multiplier. Still .7ns on L1 cache isn't to shabby :)

Attachments

• cache and latency rev 3.JPG
    cache and latency rev 3.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 140
  • cpuzandmem.JPG
    cpuzandmem.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 138
  • latency rev 2.JPG
    latency rev 2.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
I really like Aida64. I am glad this came up, because I've wanted to know how my old rig stacked up against the new blood for awhile now. If I switch to dual channel I could probably get latency down to the 30s maybe..

I really like Aida64. I am glad this came up, because I've wanted to know how my old rig stacked up against the new blood for awhile now. If I switch to dual channel I could probably get latency down to the 30s maybe..

Aida64 simply rocks. Its likely the most comprehensive benchmarking/diagnostics suite available for a PC, and they are constantly improving the product. Its my hope that as more folks see the value in this program we can do this again at the winder equinox.

Woomack has one hell of a system there. Congrats man, very impressive results.

Johan45, That is quite the overclock and again very impressive. How would you say the NB clocking on an FX chip relates performance wise to NB clocking on a Thuban? I know on a thuban chip, the L3 cache is tied directly to the NB speed, so performance can be drastically improved with NB speed. but really haven't done much with the FX chips yet. Just curious what you've observed and if higher is also better with the FX CPU NB...

and I thought i knew nothing about cpu's, now i know somthing about witch i know nothing.

Attachments

• aida 3.JPG
    aida 3.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 118
  • aida 2.JPG
    aida 2.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 116
  • aida 1.JPG
    aida 1.JPG
    251.5 KB · Views: 119
  • aida 4.JPG
    aida 4.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 117
EarthDog has now taken the top spot in memory latency: a blistering 39.7 ns. Looks like freeagent has his work cut out for him.

New results will be up soon.

Johan45, That is quite the overclock and again very impressive. How would you say the NB clocking on an FX chip relates performance wise to NB clocking on a Thuban? I know on a thuban chip, the L3 cache is tied directly to the NB speed, so performance can be drastically improved with NB speed. but really haven't done much with the FX chips yet. Just curious what you've observed and if higher is also better with the FX CPU NB...

The memory performance is directly tied to the NB on these as well only you won't see a huge difference in any day to day tasking. So not as noticeable as their predecessors but it's worth it if you're really pushing them. Also most of these chips that I have seen top out in the 2700 range. I have seen a few near 3000 but only a few.

Can't quite compete with OptyTrooper (on water?), but updated results

This was my first run on boot, think my L3 cache got messed up because I ran it again and it was back up where it should be.
aida-run2-1.jpg

aida-run2-2.jpg

aida-run2-3.jpg

Its nice to see how the old rigs compare to new blood, as freeagent mentioned. I am going to be breaking down scoring further into categories since there is a wealth of information and metrics we can use to rate performance. In addition to the standard read, write, copy scores I will include a leaderboard for memory latency so we can almost keep track of that separately, and simultaneously. More for competative purposes, we need to find a member to challenge EarthDog, so here are the current mem latency standings.

Whoever wins this category with receive a good working Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm drive, 80GB SATA II. And if Earthdog wins across both leaderboards, the 80GB drive will go to the second place finisher in memory latency. I will also include memory timings as its definitely relevant in this category.

Back