• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A Must Read For Xp Fans!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trapper

[http://grc.com/dos/grcdos.htm]

if the following paragraph interests you head to the above link

"hi, its me, 'wicked', im the one nailing the server with
udp and icmp packets, nice sisco router, btw im 13, its
a new addition, nothin tracert cant handle, and ur on a
t3.....so up ur connection foo, we will just keep comin
at you, u cant stop us "script kiddies" because we are
better than you, plain and simple."

open your mind...........................................;)

Last edited:
So it is true. I heard XP was able to spoof ips. I remember reading about those syn ack floodings attacks, but I thought that was "old school" hacking.

Sound's like a p*ssed off kid, to bad he's wasting his computer skills trying to hack.

Last edited:
trapper said:

That little creep. He is using my First name well the one I use in the chat rooms. D*** kids these days.

I really don't know about the situation..but - As I see it less than 1% of the world has comps. How many of those are running Win2k/XP? I doubt people are rushing out and upgrading this very minute. It's only us nichers who go for the lastest and greatest. Then of those people who own comps and win2k/XP, who has the knowledge/will bother to hack? The more mature will leave it. It's only the young'ins making trouble.

Come X-mas it may be a problem. Mayb when microsoft get DOS attacks something will change.

Yea, well ppl with knowledge should be mature enough not to "hack". It's fun messing around sometimes with your friends and stuff. I also try to do stuff to my brothers computer since he has dedicated service now. I don't think this will pose a threat, but it would be fun for me to mess around with my brother. I don't know much about this yet except stuff I read but nothing XP/2k specific. Anyone have any more links by chance?

Kind of of topic but..
Well all this does for me is reopen my hate and disrespect for all the "script kiddies" I hate the kids in my school that say they're hackers cause they dled sub7. Really funny if you think about it. I'd love to mess with kids trying to do that stuff on XP/2k, to me, just use the remote registry against them.

Dark Illusion said:
I really don't know about the situation..but - As I see it less than 1% of the world has comps. How many of those are running Win2k/XP? I doubt people are rushing out and upgrading this very minute. It's only us nichers who go for the lastest and greatest. Then of those people who own comps and win2k/XP, who has the knowledge/will bother to hack? The more mature will leave it. It's only the young'ins making trouble.

Come X-mas it may be a problem. Mayb when microsoft get DOS attacks something will change.

ahhhhh but 90% of those comps are running ms oses and where exactly did you get the 1% bit from ??????????

trapper said:

Steve Gibson of grc obviously has his opinion and views however other so called security experts opinions seem to differ and perhaps we should open our minds and stop taking the words of others at face value before considering all the facts and as such I suggest that people also read This and This just make up your own minds before someone else does.

Last edited:
you should do your reasearch man steve gibson maybe seem like a one man propaganda machine for zonealarm but the facts are the facts ,
and id bet a million pounds to your foostie old socks that he knows what he is on about,
just take a look around the web d/load sub7 see how hard it isnt to invade a pc with "no" script skills or zilch like that ,a wee bit of a silver tongue and a hacked hotmail and a copy of the server and your in "garunteed loads just port scanning , so there must be plenty dangers that ppl like steve gison (even if a bit obsessed) should be thanked for taking the time for writing FREE utils to safe gaurd or comps.

Obviously everyone including Steve Gibson can have their opionions including myself however rather than take the word of any self declared security expert, I just choose to present the other side to this debate. If anyone chooses to believe any or all of Steve Gibsons statements then that is up to them, however the concerns he shows for WinXp raw sockets is misplaced as can clearly be seen if this URL is read.

http://www.grcsucks.com/winXP.htm

Last edited:
Back