• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Visual issues think it's the mboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToRpEdA667

Registered
Hi there.
Couple of days ago i switched on my Pc and got down to NFS the run all over the screen there was red dots did not seem to me as driver issues had it working just fine for a while. After some time of trying this and that when i moved my to gpu it stoped and went back to normal for some time and then went like back to bad :bang head now nothing works. games are working but with graphic issues (red dots) is it defo the motherboard or more likely the cards ?? when i swap the cards it's the same
only snap shot is this one il try to get one from a game

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    49 KB · Views: 49
I would imagine its the card... Have you tried different PCIe slots? deleting and reinstalling drivers?

Yeah completely reinstall the driver got back to a older one CCC 11.7 uninstalled the profiles and as well tryd with windows visual redistributable package.I got like low profile 512 mb ATI card some where try to put that in see what is what and try to just run the lower PCI slot in a bit .If it would be the GPU why would it change back to normal and then bad weh i physicaly move it about in the slot ??

Bad solder contacts is my first thought... I do think its the GPU though... that is the part that outputs the signal and all.

It's pretty hard for a motherboard to cause monitor artifacting.
The majority of the graphical artifacts, ans especially ones that repeat across the screen, are GPU memory issues.

:bang head :bang head when i done a print screen it loooks normal but in game its bad Il. try to use just the lower slot now ....
Can use sniping tool in full window mode in the game ?? or maybe just record it with gamecam ore something

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 51
Hey hey i got two stars now :D one good thing :D even look at this still can see a lot of dots

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    26.7 KB · Views: 51
As far as windows is concerned those spots aren't actually there, you won't be able to get a screenshot of them. The only way to do it is to take a picture of the monitor with a camera.

lol i see Il try the low profile card that i got somewhere tomorow and make a pick of whats going on. In meantime got to go and make some money for new gpus and motherboard .... damn it might as well get the am3+ and the bouldozer
Thanks guys

It's pretty hard for a motherboard to cause monitor artifacting.
The majority of the graphical artifacts, ans especially ones that repeat across the screen, are GPU memory issues.

Well when I first built my system, I used the motherboard I have in my sig, and a Radeon HD5550. Half the time when I turned it on, green lines would run through the screen, and the screen image would sometimes 'shake'. I looked it up and found out it was my motherboard BIOS...i flashed a newer BIOS and it stopped :)

going back to my issue i have put the a 5450 Ati card in the top slot(card never used realy) and the interference was there my 4870 on lower slot still there, the second 4870ty and it was there.I haven done any changes with the software in between.Playing Skyrim one the the next it was there.I presume reinstall of system won't help. My poor deductive skills would suggest the motherboard went bust but why and is it fixable??? :confused: and both PCI slots ?? . I was looking at crosshair formula IV at least and new crossfire setup but maybe i could still learn something from this use the old board some 2nd hand cpu and PSU 750w should do.. sell it in working order and still have money for food and toilet paper he he he :p
Peace overclockers :attn: :attn:

ohhh and i don't know if it's relevant but i changed my memory from xms3 2x2 gb working on 1333 to ripjawX working only on 1600 witch for my motherboard is Oc got some twin fan fan memory cooler working at standard latancys higher then xms3 had to go down with my general cpu and HT frq to 3.9 and standard 2000 for HT becouse it was crashing but in a bad way i mean i got the setup in i want in bios and after reboot it powered up but no screen and i could tell the fans are on low revs some different code on a digital 2number display on the motherboard had to put old memory to get it working again and clock lower .

Attachments

• Capture11.PNG
    Capture11.PNG
    100.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
:attn:In a desperate akt i have formated my drive and put a new system on but still nothing. Only working fine on integrated GPU / I'm going to say that it's the motherboard then for some reason and close this thread
Cheers Overclockers :attn::attn::attn::attn:

Back