• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New AXP1600 on K7S5A @150 FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PDL

Running stable for the moment.

Had some initial problems. First run gave me a Win Protection Fault. Reset CMOS, upped the Vcore to 1.87, set to 100 FSB and it looped into protection mode. Then restart to clean OS load.
Don't know what that was about.
Went to 133 then 150 and is runnig good.
Will try again at default Vcore after it has run for a while.

This is an AGOIA-Y and is suppose to be a good OCer...we'll see!!:D

You got the best stepping avail. You should be able to run it at least 11.5 x 150fsb.

I ordered another XP1600+ from newegg on Tuesday and should be here on Friday.

My nephew just unlocked his XP1600+ today and we will be swapping CPUs on Saturday. Thanks for the offer PDL.

Something strange happened with this one!

If I didn't know better, I'd say they have a 'break-in period'!!

At first it wouldn't run at default without upping the Vcore. Then after it ran for about an hour, I set it back to 1.78 Vcore and it works fine. The default is 1.75 and that is HIGHER than the 1700 I have?? With my Vcore mod I can only go as low as 1.78v.
Then I thought it may be that it was 'warmed up', so I shut it down for about 90 minutes with the blower on it the whole time. Started up from cold boot and it is running stock just fine.
After a few days I'll unlock it and see what it will do.

I thought I saw somewhere that someone posted that this stepping was the same as the 2200s. Not sure what they ment by that. Would they be from the same batch and AMD just needed to get out some 1600s so they laser cut some 2200s to 1600s?

Naw, couldn't be. BUT...I do have a theory along those lines!!
:D

Back