• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with BIOS flash on Ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

justmiles23

Registered
I flashed my board to the "overclocked 2AA2R2" BIOS on soyo's site, http://www.soyousa.com, and now my comp will lock up after about 5 to 10 minutes. Is anyone else have problems with this BIOS??

System follows:
AMD XP 1800+ @ stock speed
SOYO Dragon Ultra Black
512MB of OCSystem Expeditious Gamer PC2700
ATI AIW 7500
IBM 20G & Seagate 40G HD
LG 32x12x40 CDRW
Generic 52X CD-ROM
Using the onboard sound, lan & USB 2.0
Generic Lucent modem
on WIN 2K Pro w/ all updates & most recent drivers for all

If I cant fix this I might just have to quit SETI :(

Since no one responded I did some research and found out that you have to clear the CMOS with JP5 before you flash. I figured I would post the fix that way if anyone else had the same problem they would know the work around.

But I would still say dont go with this BIOS!!

Re: Soyo Athlon motherboard issue

Your processor is unstable. you need to lower the processor
frequency or try different processor Vcore settings.

I remember I had that exact type of symptom, *even* when
idle at the Windows desktop with my Soyo SY-K7VTA-B
motherboard, because the processor voltage was a step
too high. Setting the processor Vcore to -0.025V solved the
major issue. Flashing the BIOS with the latest version also
fixes the processor Vcore issue.

But check this out RJA, its not overclocked, I am running the stock 11.5*133 .. and it only locks up when running seti.
Doesnt really matter anyway, my video card took a major dump and is non-functional right now. So until I get my grubby paws on a new video card the BIOS issue is purely academic.

was there even a reason for flashing the bios? if you dont have a reason you should never flash! try reflashing it or going back to the old version

Back