• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP and video tweaking, Powerstrip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cyberey66

I can't find any video tweaking programs that run on XP. Powerstrip doesn't work, radeon tweaker can't find the registry path for opengl and dirextX, and finally WPCredit doens't work either. They all worked in 2k, anyone else haveing problems. I can't get 2X agp, and powerstrip is the only software I know of to set it. I have ati so theres no registry string either.

what about you mobo's chipset drivers? cant u install gart?

got the laster 4n1 drivers from via, doesn't support the "turbo" feature which enables 2x or 4x agp in XP yet.

I had the same problem, downloading the newest version from this site sorted it out.
link
Hope this works for you too!

M

i dont know why this kind of thing is still needed, even more for XP that is such a new OS. the GART i mean. why doesnt the os just take the right setting from the BIOS, like it does with so many other ones?

Back