• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 1090FX chipset??? Where is it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

svtfast

Leaked slides from this time last year showed the AMD woud release their 1090 series chipsets in 2012.

We are almost to November 2012. Is AMD going to release this chipset or what?

Leaked slides from this time last year showed the AMD woud release their 1090 series chipsets in 2012.

We are almost to November 2012. Is AMD going to release this chipset or what?

The latest rumors that I have heard indicate no new chipset until SteamRoller.

No, plans were revised a long time ago, there will be no refresh to the 990FX chipset and I'm betting there will be no Steamroller AM3+ CPU.

No, plans were revised a long time ago, there will be no refresh to the 990FX chipset and I'm betting there will be no Steamroller AM3+ CPU.

I concur with this. I was surprised when they announced a PD AM3+ TBH.

When you guys say there is nothing coming out after PD.....do you mean AMD won't be producing desktop CPU's any more? I think I am misunderstanding....but wanted to ask.

No what we mean is that there wont be AM3+ anymore, they should be moving to a fully new platform. The original roadmap showed a new socket for PD but due to the poor delivery of BD they decided to release on AM3+.

When you guys say there is nothing coming out after PD.....do you mean AMD won't be producing desktop CPU's any more? I think I am misunderstanding....but wanted to ask.
Not on AM3+ at least, probably will move everything to FM2 or the FM* sockets in the future.

...if there even is a future.

Even if AMD sticks with AM3+ that doesnt mean that they couldn't update thier chipset to something that is modern.

If I remember that good then 1090FX was on paper almost the same as 990FX so it's no big lose. 990FX is already really good chipset ... but cpus could be better ;)

If I remember that good then 1090FX was on paper almost the same as 990FX

That is pretty darn accurate. The 1090 chipset did not even have what we call support for PCIe 3.0. So in that respect again there is no loss at the 1090 not coming to fruition.

They would have done far more to help their cause by delivering more IPC with BD and PD both.

delivering more IPC with BD and PD both.

Quote quote quote quote..

God I wish. PD was a miracle compated to BD, but god do they have a long way to go. AMD needs to get their crap together, releasing Steamroller right before Haswell is what they needed to do, not wait until 2014.

They're frustrating me-- But man are their GPUs a good deal :p 1090FX would have been good, but 990FX is <3 so no gripes here.

I am sitting on my hands right now not getting back into the 8 core thing.
reading this says that when steam roller comes out I will have to buy boards and all but, that is in 2014 when all my junk will be out of date anyway.

Back